web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am really struggling to find a solution for my officeserv 7030's that keeps on randomly rebooting.

I have bought 3 7030's in the process of trying to solve my issue.
The problem is that my 7030 would just randomly reboot for no apparent reason. I have programmed all 3 my systems exactly the same and no matter which one of the 3 systems I use, it randomly reboots.

I have tried the following to solve the issue, but without luck:
- Unplug the network cable - system still reboots randomly
- Place behind firewall- system still reboots randomly
- Upgrade software to version V4.75 and then later to 4.91 - still reboots randomly
- Replace all cards such as BRI cards etc on the motherboard - system still reboots randomly
- Add battery backup - system still reboots randomly
- isolate on hold music input with audio transformer for groundloops - system still reboots randomly
- Check my programming for any issues - cannot find anything specific that I think could cause the rebooting
- unplug phones 1 by 1 to see if they are causing the problem - but system still reboots randomly

My next step would be to try and upgrade the bootroms of all the systems. I have noticed that often when the system reboots, it just sits in an unresponsive state and does not come back on, so I have to cycle the power a couple of times to get it back on again.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I might be missing?
This is a really frustrating problem for me.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you try replace the mainboard and the power supply?

OP Offline
Yes, I replaced the mainboard and power supply 2 times. So I am getting the same behaviour on 3 separate mainboard and power supply units.

Try uprgrading it all to 4.93 this may help as samsung changed the bootrom and file system for the OS7030. Also are you uploading the DB or programming it all from scratch by hand? Have you tried just doing basic programming and seeing if that causes the random reboot issue?

1) I know you have backup battery, but is your phone system plug behind a surge protector with backup battery? If you are, please plug directly to a normal surge protector or directly to the wall.

2) When you build the phone system, did you factory default the switch first?

3) When you said you replaced the mainboard and the power supply 2 times. Did you replace it with a working OS7030?

...just try to narrow down the possible. =)

OP Offline
Hi,

I am going to upgrade to V4.99, I have the 7 pkg files to upload.
Will this update the bootrom, or do I need to load the .bin bootrom file with the recovery procedure? (I don't have a .bin file)

I am uploading the db, haven't tried programming from scratch to see if reboot occurs.

1)Regarding power, the system is plugged into an online UPS system and with the lead acid batteries plugged into the main board for backup.

2) I did reset the system, but to which commands are you referring to specifically?

3) I believe so, it was 2 different systems that I bought from 2 different suppliers.

Thanks for all the ideas, I will continue to try and solve my rebooting issue.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Had similar symptoms with a couple of systems. They had to be sent in for repair, something in the memory handler gets corrupted, or so we were told. In any event, it took a trip to the repair shop to fix.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Can someone please send me the latest bootrom .bin file.

Thanks

OP Offline
Hi, I upgraded my systems to the new file system and V4.99 and so far I have not experienced the reboot problem again.

However, I am now experiencing a different problem. The system will work fine and then at some point it just stops allowing outgoing calls. So if I select the outgoing line, there is just no dial tone and you cannot phone out. Incoming calls are still fine. Rebooting the machine solves the problem, and also re-uploading all the settings in the db also solves the problem. Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be happening?

Thanks

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
If you unplug the lines and reconnect them does it fix it?
Do you have a spare trunk port and sli that you can connect to each other and see when the lines don't work if you can call out on that?

Does this happen on all 3 systems or just one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024