web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings,
I tried to move two 1416's with BLF's direct 1 for 1 swap. I unplugged each patch cord at the frame and moved them the one set came up as it should and the other just blinked and never came up. I moved them back as they were and both came up the way they had been. I then moved the extensions in Manager and did a merge this was on Friday and they never moved. The one thing I noticed in Manager one of the extensions had a funky red icon next to it I had never seen before. What is that? I have seen that merge doesn't really work for this so I guess I need to do a reboot to make it happen?
TIA,

John 807
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
The red icon next to the user indicates that there is a Login code entered under Telephony > Supervisor Settings. This makes the user a HotDesk (The red icon, it is a desk. It is red because it is HOT! It is a HOT DESK!)

Anyway, here's how you move digital extensions on an IP Office through Manager. Leave the Users as is. Change the Base Extension Number for each port under Extensions. Merge. The phones won't look like anything happened, but if you look in System Status, you will see the Extension Number has changed, but not the Current User Number.

You can reboot, and the extensions will come back in the correct spots. If you can't reboot, go to EACH phone, and dial *36, the Log Out code. When you do the first one, it will show the correct Extension number, but No User or Not Logged In. Now go to the 2nd phone and dial *36, it will release the current user, which will pop back up on the 1st phone, and the 2nd phone will come back with the new, correct user.

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tommy. I appreciate it. All the tutorials I saw said reboot after changing the extension. Why did I have trouble just flipping the cross though? That's a question perplexing me.

John 807
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
You should have no trouble moving cross connects, or patch cords, The first one worked , the second one flashed . Probable cable or x connect problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 94 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024