web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#611706 08/02/17 01:21 PM
OP Offline
Hi folks,

We have CIX 100 using a Luca box for it's strata messaging. It also has 5 ip phones on two remote sites, all connected by a VPN so inside the local network. The other day the LUCA started to get flaky. The system is set up for full time auto attendant. It occasionally works but then sometimes instead sends calls directly to one of the IP phones on the remote site.

Looking at the port status on the MIPU it shows occasionally "disabled by fault DO" Sometime a reboot gets it to change to idle.

Then a wierd thing happens. When I call in I can see the MIPU port change to in use and then the port in the system monitor on the luca looks like it sees the call, but instead of the main greeting playing, it goes to the MCG for one of the remote sites.

Also the Strata is saying there is an active link to an ip address that isn't part of the phone system or any of the ip phones.

Any thoughts for this mess?

-B

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

With one specific issue, the connection to the MIPU, you can try updating the firmware. When Tech support told me this I pretty much figured that they were just saying to upgrade because they did not have a better answer, but I don't think that the site had this connection issue after I upgraded the firmware. You just have to be aware of which CIX software supported with MIPU firmware version.

The active link should be the CIX processor, which should be providing the SMDI information.

You may need to take a look at the logs, assuming that you have a good call example to find in the logs. Toshiba FYI should still have the last available update, but you need to use this with extreme caution. I almost ruined an SM with a failed upgrade (not enough free space to upgrade). Had all kinds of weird issues after that. I also deleted the roll-back and had nothing to go back to. Toshiba no longer supports these voicemail systems. As far as I know (as I was told) they don't have an option to reinstall the software or re-image the flash drive.

OP Offline
Update:

The IT folks were able to do an audit of the connections from the address that the LUCA was listing as an active link. Apparently it was connecting on port 5000 which I understand is the port that Strata voicemail usses for SMDI, Soft Keys and Voice Record. They weren't able to tell me why that server was trying to communicate on that port but in the end we gave the LUCA a new IP address and it all came back up.

In the system I/O screen for the LAN connection for the LUCA it seems like it is possible to change the IP address. Is there any reprocussions or knock on effect to changing what port that communicates on?

-B

I would think that you could use a different port, as long as you configure the correct port on both the Strata Messaging and the Strata CIX I/O settings.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024