web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

I am still trying to track down an odd symptom on our ESI 60 Business Phones [IP version].

Background Info:

We have an ALL IP ESI Communication Server 1000 with dedicated voice VLAN that EHCP typically instructs the phones [60IP] to use for voice.

I say typically because if a person moves their phone from on area of our office to another they frequently see the following on their display:

VER 4.05 z3.2.06
MAC:00304Dxxxxxx
^EP CRC:540F

Additional testing:
1) If I move the phone back to the original location the phone usually reconnects to the CS1000.
2) Also sometimes unplugging the 60IP for a long period of time allows the phone to connect in the new location.
3) Taking a new 'out-of-the-box' 60IP finds the CS1000 immediately and requests a password to join it to the phone system.

Is there a chance this is a 'known' issue and maybe covered in the latest update to the CS1000?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you move the phone and plug it in, press and hold the Program button. When you see the MAC Address come up, release the Program button. Select LOCAL and save. It will work.

Rcaman

Last edited by Rcaman; 08/08/17 12:51 PM.

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
@Rcaman

Thank you , Sir!

Don't even waste your time with this piece of garbage because you're fighting a losing battle

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however, the problem described has a very simple resolution. Just because you have had a problem with the product doesn't mean the product is bad. Which system do you sell and install?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Hello, I'm having the same issues. I attempted to follow Rcaman's suggestion, but it takes me back to the same screen with the same display:

VER 4.05 z3.2.06
MAC:00304Dxxxxxx
^EP CRC:540F

Is it because I'm not connected to my office's network? The phone is located at my home office. Thank you!

you would need to make sure that the proper port forwarding and that the extension is set as a remote extension.

There are lots of things to factor in on a remote phone.

OP Offline
@weeniedogluv

You need to set the phone up for remote use and the phone's IVC card up with the appropriate port forwards / NAT / PAT on the firewall as well as assign the IVC card an external IP address in the ESI system.

Because we have a dedicated voice vlan [tagged at the local phone side], we found dedicating an IVC24 card just to remote phone users connected to an untagged voice vlan switch port was the least painful way to get the remote phones to work across different ISPs.

@Rcaman

On the local LAN side of things we still have the same "CRC:540F" errors when we move phones around in the office even within the same ethernet switch. The 'solution' is disconnect the phone and leave the phone disconnected for minutes, hours even overnight sometimes. If we remove the MAC address from the CS1000 and add it back the phone usually comes back up immediately.

In the year we have had this issue the phone manufacturer has not provided a resolution / workaround or even better a firmware update to the phones.

I will probably revisit this issue again with an aggressive use WireShark-Fu. But my experience-based guess is that the 60 phones do not perform a gratuitous ARP [GARP] upon being connected to the network after they have been registered with the Comm Server. If they do GARP then maybe the EHCP service does not repeat its same phone discovery process for registered phones.

Either way it is a breakdown of the EHCP discovery / initialization process as I can see the 60 phone is showing up in the untagged default vlan mac address table and on it own it will stay there for an indefinite period of time.

The quickest fix I see would be a firmware update to the phone where it 'remembers' the Voice VLAN it was initially assigned or allow us to set it from the TUI. The best fix would be to improve the EHCP discovery process to always try registered phones that have not connected to the Comm Server or give us a Voice VLAN scope option so we can use DHCP [like every other VoIP vendor does] to tell the phones what VLAN they are to be in and to tag their packets appropriately.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
ShowmePcap, PM sent

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
I agree. I have had so much trouble with the EHCP process and vlans.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024