web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
Setting up VM - always goes to main greeting never to personal Ext. greeting. Pressing Int. 250 plays main greeting and then keeps looping over and over. 250 is my pilot # with 251 & 252 as my assignments to that group. These are set up in the VM as extensions. CF is set up for 250 and no answer in destination 1. Individual station data is set for destination 1 on Day 1, Day2 & Night. VM MW Center Port set to 250. Three Ext. have their VM set up on them. Can't get any of them to go to their personal Ext. greeting. PLEASE tell me what I have left out. THANKS for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check VMID for the stations not working

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
VMID #'s = The Ext. #'s Didn't solve the problem. Thanks for terying

Do all of the phone extensions ring to the main greeting?

Sounds like an integration problem. Do you know the type of Integration you are using?
SMDI with an IVP8 would require a BSIS card on the processor, plus a DB9 pin to RJ12 adapter and 6 wire modular line cord.
DTMF would be the option without a serial connections.

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
Location 580 is not holding the settings. The drop down list in 580 shows eight VM Ext.. and I have only two. Voice mail hunt group has only two. The Hunt Group # doesn't show up in location 580. Is that right? I installed the BSIS card and followed the setup for digital extensions using SMDI. Still can't get individual VM ext. to answer.

did you set the plug n play in the ivp8 to SMDI 3 digit also in the ivp8 configuration set the "SMDI base port" to 251 (I think may be 250 though cant remember) check your notification strings in the IVP8 see if their using SMDI 3 digit for message lights that will tell you if the voicemail is looking for DTMF integration or SMDI integration

Originally Posted by Motohead
did you set the plug n play in the ivp8 to SMDI 3 digit also in the ivp8 configuration set the "SMDI base port" to 251 (I think may be 250 though cant remember) check your notification strings in the IVP8 see if their using SMDI 3 digit for message lights that will tell you if the voicemail is looking for DTMF integration or SMDI integration

I forgot about Plug n play. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd time I used it, the Plug-n-play ruined a brand new IVP8 R2. It messed up the com ports so I could not log back in. I called tech support and at one point they made the comment "maybe you shouldn't use plug and play". I RMA'd the brand new VM and I never used it since.

For the LVMU and GVPH I believe 220 is the default base port for SMDI. Ext 250 is the hunt group extension in a CIX 40. I don't think the SMDI base port is setup by default on an IVP8, but as I mentioned, I never use plug-n-play. You just need the PBX type to SMDI and set the base port.

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
I defaulted the CIX-100 and started over. Do I need to set up Station ports for voice mail? I tried setting them up as SLT and voice mail. Then I was able to set up a VM hunt group with 250 as my pilot and 251 & 252 as members of that group. Also do I need to set up in the IVP8 the voice mail ports 251 & 252 as users? Still not getting VM to work. I am using a BSIS card with port 1 hooked to port 1 on the IVP8. I hope someone can see something I can try. THANKS, LYLE ----- P.S. I have set up 579 & 580.

Last edited by DD782; 08/12/17 06:58 PM.
SMDI with an IVP8 isn't very easy. The first time I installed one I think it took like 30-45 minutes to get it working, with the help of a manual and another experienced tech. There is a lot that has to be done right for it to work. Generally providing programming instructions in the open forum are frowned upon by the board moderators, but here are all the things you need to have to get SMDI working on an IVP8

BSIS card
6 pin cable and DB9 modular adapter connected to the right BSIS and serial port
I/O devices configured for RS232 with the correct baud rate (default baud is usually correct)
SLT ports setup as Voicemail ports
Hunt Group with extension
VM ports setup as SMDI
Extensions set with center port and VMID codes

Voicemail setup with PBX type with SMDI
SMDI base port set (1st SLT port)

If any of the settings are incorrect and the voicemail doesn't know where to send the call, it goes to the default main greeting.

Also, BTW, I am sure if you look at your extensions you probably have 8 SLT ports set as Voicemail ports after initializing. The PBX just assumes that all 8 port work because it doesn't know how many ports are licensed on the IVP8.

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all your tips, still no VM. I can't see where to set the SMDI base port you mentioned to the 1st. SLT port. When I dial 250 VM pilot port I see the IVP8 light up port 1 and then status light flashes orange and resets to green. The phone has no dial tone it flashes the 250 and hangs up. I don't hear any message on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024