Rate Thread
#612203 08/25/17 03:19 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
OP Offline
As posted on Facebook...

WORTH THE READ….

“Pucker”: The art of preparing to kiss.

I have been a loyal Bell client even after leaving Bell as an employee in 1996 to start my own Installation & Repair Company (“MooreTel”). That being said, for the last few years due to Bell’s attitude towards servicing their clients and their pricing policies, combined with their lousy DSL High Speed Internet service, I have been recommending to MY clients to change their lines and other services to Videotron or whatever cable company serves their area.

Up until 16 months ago I was unable to do so due to my location. However, 16 months ago I became able to change my residential land line from Bell to my local cable company when the service became available, cutting my invoice in half!
Five months ago my Business line service also became available from my cable company so I switched that over as well, going from $63/month to $19.95 for the same features. Another whopping savings!

When I got a new cell phone two years ago, the phone was free but Bell quoted me $85/month for 1 GB. After checking with other carriers and found I could get the same free phone and 1 GB for $39.95 I returned to Bell and after talking to their “Retention Dept”, I got 3GBs for $55/month.

That contract finished tomorrow with Bell. Actual usage was under 1 GB for 8 months, with the 4 summer months ranging from 2 to 6 GBs each year of the 2 year contract, meaning overage charges were added. When I asked what the new rate would be after the contract ended (because the phone in theory was paid off) I was told the rate stays the same and if I got a newer phone, the new rate would be a minimum of $85/month for only 2 GB.

After checking with Videotron, I found that I could have SIX GBs for $49.95/month. Returning to Bell and ending up with their “Retention Dept” again, at first they offered me the same 3 GB plan I have but at $65/month. Why in hell would I pay more for the same usage? When I told them what I had been offered by Videotron, they said that was the best they could do. Really? You’re kidding, right? No, that’s the best. So I told him to “PUCKER UP”. He asked why, so I told him to PUCKER UP AND KISS MY ASS GOODBYE!

Now with Videotron for my cell service and getting 6 GBs which is double what I had from Bell and saving $5/month on top of that.

Last edited by MooreTel; 08/25/17 03:21 PM.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

MooreTel #612207 08/25/17 04:07 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
It's that way all over.
Dave, did you ever think of becoming an agent for Videotron?
Then offering there services to your customers

MooreTel #612211 08/25/17 08:13 PM
OP Offline
Crossed my mind, but I doubt they would only let me deal with business clients. I don't want anything to do with residential. When I used to advertise in the Yellow Pages that I sold "Commercial Lines" for Primus, I used to and still on occasion receive phone calls at odd hours of the night "Looking for a residential line|". That's the main reason I cancelled my Yellow Pages ad seven or eight years ago and yet I still get the odd call.....probably using a very old phone book.

But you're right, I should check into it.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
MooreTel #612212 08/25/17 08:36 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Dave, sometimes they have a high yearly amount of sales you need to make. They may refer you to a Master Agent who will have no sales amount you need to make and give you the same monthly residuals .

MooreTel #612215 08/25/17 11:13 PM
That's how I changed over from Verizon to Cablevision for phone. They were 1/4 the cost and when they found out I was an interconnect they asked me to refer my business clients. I became a reseller and earned pretty good commissions. But that was then.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024