web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just bought from my authorized Avaya dealer and installed Brand New IP Office IP 500 V2 with 9.0 essentials. The only card installed is IP500 V2 ATM V2.

It has 6 digital ports, and 4 regular C.O. ports. I am using new 9508 sets. All equipment is new.

Set up auto attendant greeting in group 200. Greeting has two selector code choices.
Press 3 to leave a message, and press 4 to be connected to a doctor right away. Selector code 4 will then seize C.O. line and call doctor's cell phone.

The problem is, once caller presses 4, this forces IP office into a cold restart ( reboot)??

Anybody experience this type of behavior before?

Thank you
Brand new IP Office doing cold start during selector code selection

Telesystems technician
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Is it just when you press 4

And did you default the system before programming it .

OP Offline
Seems only when press 4 cuz all other selector codes except three are not enabled.
I believe my programmer defaulted it. I will ask him.

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
Remember the system should not go into cold restart everytime a caller presses 4.

Telesystems technician
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I would default it and re-program it.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
The proper way to deploy a system would have been to follow the docs. (proper, to rebuild SD card at current firmware before powering up the IP500, implanting the proper release on the system.)

By NOT following the docs, you have installed a brand new system, at out of date (not supported) firmware.

Now that you have a bug, you cant get support on the release you are on.

As well, Avaya does not support that partner selling you equipment for you to resell. By doing so, you have done nothing wrong, but they could be de-authorized as they have violated their partner agreement. Which, also, makes that system you sold, grey market.

So now you have a grey market, out of support box.

Your only recourse is to upgrade the box to a current release (9.1 or 10.1) by purchasing a new upgrade license.

Good luck

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Avaya just seems to make them selves harder to do business with.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Which part? The engineers understanding the proper installation? Or Avaya not allowing multi tiered distribution?

If you disagree with the latter, we can point to the original topic of this post. An authorized, certified partner, sells an IPO to someone. That someone lacks teh technical aptitude to properly implement the solution. Now, this will cause poor customer satisfaction, both from the customer (the original poster) as well as teh intended customer (who they plan to resell to).

Don't get me wrong, Avaya processes are the reason partners hate them. but in an instance like this, Avaya is trying to protect business partners as well as teh integrity of the product itself.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
On this issue, I completely agree. One should be trained and certified to install and program the IP Office.

Non quantified techs is part of the reason Avaya has a bad name in SMB.
Certified and train techs do the install and maintenance correctly the 1st time.

We are on the same page, on this issue.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
thumbsup

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024