web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#612278 08/30/17 10:56 AM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a quote for a brand new IPO Basic Edition to replace the customers existing 30 year old key system. On one of the extensions in the shop, there is an external loudspeaker that has been hardwired (presumably in series) with the loudspeaker on the extension. That way when someone calls or pages that extension, the it is also heard on the overhead speaker as well.

How can something similar be accomplished using the IPO and 1416 phones?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If they are already using the speaker leads off the old phone why not crack the new phone and use its speaker leads? Sure you void your warranty but tell the customer up front.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought of doing that, and I have done that previously on Norstar M and T series sets. Never tried that on the 1416 yet, and was just curious if there was a better approach.

Depending on what the paging system is you could potentially use an analog port and one of Vikings many trinkets to make it work.
But I wouldn't be afraid to use the speaker leads.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Connecting a Viking M2W to the speaker leads of a 1416 phone is the down-and-dirty-easy-peasy way out. Works fine, lasts a long time. You can use an analog station or trunk port, but you'll need adapters for that and a talk battery source if you use a trunk port.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Originally Posted by oobie
If they are already using the speaker leads off the old phone why not crack the new phone and use its speaker leads? Sure you void your warranty but tell the customer up front.

That's something a hack would do. We are supposed to be professionals and if I ever saw somebody do that on a new system I would curse you no end! There are trunk and station port adapters available, figure it out and use them!

ETA: The IPO has a paging feature. If you can't figure out how to use it you probably shouldn't be selling it.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Hal could not be more Correct . We are professionals not It guys.

Also use Essential Edition.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Customer doesn't have a paging system, just one horn connected to this phone. He uses it so he can hear the phone ring when someone dials his extension or if someone calls the shop after hours and he is doing body work.

Even simpler. Night ringing bell connected to a station port. Program the extension accordingly.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Originally Posted by hbiss
Originally Posted by oobie

That's something a hack would do. We are supposed to be professionals and if I ever saw somebody do that on a new system I would curse you no end! There are trunk and station port adapters available, figure it out and use them!

ETA: The IPO has a paging feature. If you can't figure out how to use it you probably shouldn't be selling it.

-Hal
Hal,
Just to be clear, I am not a hack and would not do that unless the customer told me to do so. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.
Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024