web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
All of the sudden my analog night service extension stop ringing, but i can answere the phones and have dial tone and can make calls outside and internally and when dialing 0 at the console which is a brown colored one old style it does ring at the console , the problem is that the incomming ringer wont ring on that extension but can answer if i pickup the phone checked the ringer on the phone all good also cancelled all call forwarding option.
what could be wrong could it be the card or some programming issue? my system is SX-200 216G -03

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

C5Z Offline
Try another phone that you know works at the night service extension. If it still does not ring, then most likely a bad port on the station card that's attached to that extension.

Can you ring other analog extensions? If not, then you have a power supply issue.

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper
OP Offline
thanks for the suggestion, now i find out that few more extension in rooms does not ring but has a dial tone and i checked they all in different circuit cards ports, might have to call a mitel tech

OP Offline
Called a Tech mention that power supply gone bad that cause the extension not ringing and also mention cannot get parts for that its a sx200 analog with 216 generic, and quote me for new system 13k with 120 extension 6 trunk and voicemail, any possibility to get that power supply repaired or get a refurbished one

Admin
Admin
There are about 8 voltage measurements on the rear door power supply. Did you check them all? The last one I purchased was about 3 years ago...in fact, I have an SX-200 sans RDPS :-) and I absolutely don't plan on replacing it thanks to Red Carpet Inn in Muncie, IN that forgot to pay their bill. I think I paid about $300 or so for the part with shipping. You might check with Fred (55 footer) on this board to see if he can scare one up.

I got mine from eBay from someone else, I think in NJ, but I don't see any listed now.

Carl

The power supplies are repairable. Most likely, one of the power supply filter capacitors has dried up.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
C5Z Offline
You may want to find somebody that has more knowledge on the Mitel analog systems that has a power supply on hand. If you shut down your system for any length of time, make sure your Generic 216 has a good set of batteries in it, otherwise you may lose your programming. Better yet, have someone printout the system database just in case.

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper
Time to upgrade IMHO!

OP Offline
Thanks you guys for all of the post and replies, the problem was the power supply the mitel tech came out and replaced that 80lbs to 90lbs power supply door that came out of another system he also mention the same thing about the 216 generic programming about the batteries luckly the programming did not erased, any suggestion on who can repair these power supply ?

Admin
Admin
The reality is that it is freight intensive. Better to drop it off at the recycler and get the cash for the steel than ship it to and back to a repair facility.

The last one I did, it wasn't even worth the effort to carry it back 250 miles to my shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024