web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

I am attempting to install a new telephone line on an officeserv system. The system currently has 6 phones that are working and i want to add a seventh. When i plug the phone into the jack where i want the phone installed, the phone comes on, listens the version number, then shuts off and repeats itself. If i plug the phone in at the officeserv using one of the available ports, i get the same result. However, if i plug the phone into one of the existing ports, it does work.

That leads me to believe that there is an issue with the officeserv settings, but i am unsure what to do. I tried to use the lan connection via an ip address i set up using 831 to see if i could see some settings to change, but i could not get the officeserv webpage to load.

any ideas would be appreciated

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The phone should come up without any programming.
Check to see if the 8th port comes up.
Sounds to me you have a bad port.
How is it equipped?

Sounds like you might be trying to plug into a single line port. The 7100 the ports on the cards don't go staight across. Look for P3 on the second digital card it should be under P1 not next to P2.

John 807
OP Offline
Thank you for your replies.

On my 7100 there is a card with 16 ethernet jacks, close together. Each of them have an rj45 connector with just a single pair connected on pins 4 and 5.

All 16 ports go to a punch block that connects to the phone lines going out, it seems like the phones only require the single pair.

The ethernet jacks appear to be split into 4 groups of 4.

Phonman, the phone seems to constantly reset itself. I have also tried to plug it into a different unused port and get the same result.

John, it goes,like this

p1 p3 p1 p3 p1 p3 p1 p3

p2 p4 p2 p4 p2 p4 p2 p4

i am plugging into 3, p3 directly with the phone and up the phone reboots itself,
however if a plug it into one of the lines that is already working, 2, p1 for instance it will start.

I hope that makes a little more sense.

Last edited by Qdeathstar; 10/28/17 07:56 AM.
OP Offline
Looks like this is the module

[Linked Image from handsetwarehouse.co.uk]

That is a UniCard. It has 3-4Port modules that it can accept.
I can accept a 4Port Loop trunk, 4 Port Digital Station or 4 Port Analog Station.

You probably have bad ports or as John says an ana
log module in the third position

OP Offline
Thank you. I think i am understanding what you are saying now.

Is it possible that the third position was left blank by the original installer? If i wanted to install a 4 port digital station in the third position is it just a matter of removing the unicard and replacing the card in the third position with a 4 port digital station?

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You can tell what cards are installed by the color of the LED's on the UNI card. Red is for DLM Green is for Trunk Amber SLI OFF is no card
If the P3 slot was empty you wouldn't get anything when you plugged a phone in. Being a 7100 you could / can have a digital 4 port card on the MP10/10A card as well.

Last edited by pvj; 10/29/17 12:08 AM.
If the phone system has 6 phones working on it already means there are 8 DLI ports available. Like PVJ says, the DLI cards are identified by the color light that is lit up on the uni-card. I would check and see if the P1-P4 are used on the processor, that can also carry a DLM card. Look at where the other card is, looking for the second p? with red light. Then you can plug it into there.

OP Offline
guys, thanks for you help.

It ended up that 4 ports were up near the lan module built in with the unit and four on the unicard. My questions now I have one spot free but I would like to add two phones. They could be on the same extension. Is there a way to do that using only one port? E.g., so that the phone mirrors the other phone (only one used at a time)?

If not if I get another unicard with one modem for the ds-phones is it just a matter of plug and play?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024