web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Today, I received an Email from Verizon (Ma Bell) advising that, starting on December 18th 2017, Caller ID data appearing on displays for residential customers, will include the word "SPAM?" if an ANI is flagged as being involved with Spamming activities.

It will be interesting to see how well this enhancement works out.

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It's great to see that the service providers are finally stepping up an doing something to curtail a practice that has obviously gotten way out of control.

I'm using Time-Warner/Spectrum for my residence line here in NC and they have the "NoMoRobo" feature that can be activated on the line. It parallel-rings all of your calls into their server, where they maintain a list of all known numbers associated with junk callers. Sometimes, if the number isn't already in their database, the calls will get through, but they do a pretty good job of staying on top of them. Every once in a while, these calls may ring once if their system is busy, but they never actually make it through. It is such a welcome relief.

Now, if we could get Verizon Wireless to follow suit!

The newest trick is for these con artists to spoof a local area code and exchange, making people think it's a local call. What's really wrong is that they will throw in any random four digits for the rest of the number. You call the number back and the supposed originating party is totally unaware. They become the victims as well. The worst part is that the victim's caller ID data appears. It has already happened to my number several times. They haven't figured out a way to catch these just yet. Like with any crime, the criminals always seem to be one step ahead of the authorities.

Yet another miracle of VoIP and one of the main reasons why I'm not a fan of VoIP. It's fake. It's all fake. There's no way to regulate it since it is happening worldwide.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I've noticed an increase in the number of incoming calls that show the same NPA/NXX as my home phone. What the telemarketers fail to realize is that Verizon sends the word "MASSACHUSETTS" as the name when a non-working ANI is utilized.

It's a dead giveaway.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
All providers should be doing something similar...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
My At&t cell blocks what they believe to be fraud automatically. My office lines from Altice don't.

John 807
All Altice want's to do is take your money.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 103 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024