web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#615466 01/15/18 11:04 PM
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
One of our old clients went hosted with Altice. Instead of onsite ATA's they provided a dial tone to interface to a UTI 1 for paging and then told the client they can provide another dial tone tied to a group for nite ringing but they don't do nite ring equipment? Anybody else running into this?
Thanks

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That's typical for hosted providers. They don't know anything about ancillary devices, such as loud bells or paging. Your best bet is to try one of these based upon what they've said they will provide. At least you can make a little bit of money and give your customer what they need. The link below will provide you with the PDF installation manual for it that will show you what it offers:

VIKING PA-15 PAGING UNIT W/ LOUD BELL INTERFACE

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Never heard of Altice.
should not be a problem doing what the customer wants but have the Hosted provider tell you what needs to be done .

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
It was real simple which is why I couldn't understand why they didn't do it. They provided an anslog dialtone that would ring when the group was called. They provided a Bogen UTI 1 and connected a dial tone to it and connected to the customers Valcom self amplified paging. All I needed to do was install a Viking LBD 2 to convert the ringing line to a relay contact and connect to the UTI 1 Night Ring port. It works wonderfully.

Last edited by John807; 01/17/18 11:28 PM.

John 807
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Never heard of Altice.

It's a French company that bought Cablevision from the Dolans. I have nothing good to say about them.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Now I know them.
We sell Cablevision, but never their Hosted

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure what their hosted deal is? This client has a main location and a retail location a couple of towns over and they couldn't get phones to work in the remote location so that location went back to a key system I installed years ago.

John 807
I've not seen them using the Altice moniker for anything other than being the parent company of Cablevision. Makes sense that they might want to use it for their hosted services. Who would buy a service like that from Cablevision?

Did the tech show up in a Cablevision truck?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure I came back after the install. I was told Vonage sold them hosted first and then within a month they flipped to Altice (Cablevision).

John 807

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Memphisribs, teldata1, Toner, nonameyet), 96 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024