web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Coming out of lurk mode to say that this is one of the coolest threads ever.

Greg, your all-discrete version of the board is a true thing of beauty. I understand the desire to create a PLC version and completely salute that effort, but if the bare boards were available for the current version, I'll bet folks would buy them as well.

Just the bare board and a parts list... Give people the fun of tracking down all the parts and putting it together themselves. A great learning experience that would keep me off the street for a lot longer than a day! [Us olde pharts are a lot slower with stuff like this...]

Jim
==================================================
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Another update; so I've moved forward on the PIC chip version of this board to bring the parts count down, and can probably make this available to people as pre-assembled boards, as there's many folks who seem to want one of these. NOT YET, as I'm still in development, and not even quite ready for alpha testing yet.

So a temporary progress page on this new PIC chip version of the board is here:
http://seriss.com/people/erco/tmp/pic/

It looks much like the 'all discrete' version, but with many less resistors/caps, and no LM339's.
The board is also a little smaller, and cheaper to print now that I got away from the other software I'd been using.
With this new software, I can have the boards printed for about 1/3 the cost, or less! And with the extra room freed up
by the lower parts count, was able to mount the large transistors flat to the board so they don't flop around. (Metal fatigue
of the transistor pins was a concern when mounted vertically, so this is much more structurally sound)

I went through a 'round of printing these new PIC boards, and just today finished writing the software firmware
for the PIC chip that handles all the logic of those LM339/analog circuits did.

I'll update the above page with that firmware code later today, for anyone interested in PIC chip software.
The PIC chip model I'm using here (there's many, many models by the way), the one I'm using here is a PIC16F1709,
a 20 pin chip that has the exact number of I/O signals I need for this project (which is 17).

I also bought an XLink, a cool little ~$60 box that acts as a bluetooth gateway between a cell phone and a land line.
It was an easy one-button setup, and an easy way to get your old phones to ring and make calls over a cell phone.
I could see multiple cell phones appearing as separate lines on a 1A2 system, for instance. Worked fine for me;
it gives a fake dial tone when you pickup, and uses the touchtones to make the call. I'm not sure how it knows when
you're done dialing to initiate the call, but it does work for the normal US numbers I've dialed. (1+areacode+7 diigts).

I made sure the new board can work with that device, as it's probably typical of IP phones as well; the ring
voltages are slightly different (lower voltage) than most CO's, just enough to ring a regular model 2500.
So I adjusted my ring detect circuit to make sure it properly detects ringing for that lower voltage too.

Anyway, at some poin, when I'm ready for testing, it'd be great if I could send a test board to one of the mods
of this BBS (who lives in the continental US)
to try out for testing/feedback purposes. I know it's only
about $25 to send these boards through the US post using one of their standard priority mail boxes.
So I could send you one to try out, and then you can mail it back to me when done testing.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin

👍🏻

Beautiful work!

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
Quick update: got the new PIC version of the boards back from the PCB printing service (REV E), and quickly soldered one up,
loaded the PIC firmware, and it works! Tested with a couple of 1A2 phones (2564's). Here's a pic:

[Linked Image from seriss.com]

I could probably build 10 or so of these, perhaps at the rate of one per week. Kills half a day soldering it up and testing.

Anyway, for those interested in this board, I'll try to make them available somehow.

But would love first to have one of the tech guys who admin sundance-comm to test one out, just to see if there's anything I should
know about or add. If there's any takers, let thyself be known, and I'll contact you via PM/email and send you one no charge.
All I ask is you foot the approx $25 USPS bill for shipping it back to me after a few weeks/months of testing.

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
PM sent.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
PM sent

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
OK, I have two takers, ChrisRR and SilverSam..
That should be enough for beta testing, thanks!

OP Offline
ChrisRR confirmed receipt of his board and got it working.. SilverSam's is in the mail due to arrive Wednesday. Pics of their two completed boards, just before sending:
[Linked Image from seriss.com]

Last edited by Greg Ercolano; 04/09/19 02:46 PM. Reason: Added photo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Looks like you took the Mechanical out of Electro-Mechanical.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
This thing amuses me to no end. I love messing around with it. I'm going to take it to the TCI show in Lancaster, PA and show it off.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 137 guests, and 385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024