web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#616283 02/06/18 04:01 PM
OP Offline
O gurus of Toshiba!

So, I'm reasonably confided using e-manager but get lost when trying to do button programming on older systems

I'm trying to add paging to a 20 button ekt phone. Now working from the manual, I can get into programming and identify the port for the DN I want.

Is there a way to selectively copy button data from one phone to another

I have one phone where buttons are programmed for paging and work just fine. (its a dkt if that makes a difference). I would like to have one of the EKT phones on the system also have the same buttons programmed for the same kind of paging.

I thought it would be as easy as using program 39 and looking at the button data for the one that works but instead after selecting the FB I wanted to query, all it displayed was *

Does that mean it is a one touch button? With the old DK systems can I do #9876 to program a one touch button? Will that work on an EKT phone?

Thanks in advance!

-B

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Bushmills #616300 02/07/18 12:01 PM
I'm not a DK guru, but I've had to learn a few things about DK programming over the years.

I am not aware of any way to copy a program from one phone to a others, like you would in eManager, but you can select a range of phones when programming. For example if you were in Prg 39 and entered 000*020 you would be programming that button for all the phones with ports 0 through 20.

In prg 39, as with most programs, you should be able to see how the current button is programmed, unless maybe if you entered a range and the buttons were programmed differently for each phone. Usually un-programmed buttons will appear as a just an asterisk *.

I know that #9876 doesn't work on a DK, and they don't have one-touch keys. Instead usually the button would be programmed with a speed dial number and any codes would be programmed as a speed dial. I believe speed dial numbers start with an * then followed by a number.

Hopefully anyone more fluent in DK programming will correct me or append this info if I missed anything here.

Bushmills #616333 02/07/18 10:42 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
There is no way to copy buttons in the DK programming. However you can program buttons on a range of ports. That won't help you in this instance. In prog 39, take another look at the button on the DKT that has a working page button. It would most likely either have a * plus a number after it (eg. *699), or it's programmed as code 489. If you see only a * then you're looking at the wrong port or wrong button.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024