web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
[quote=MooreTel]Are yo talking about transferring the calls "Externally" or "Internally"?

They would like to transfer calls externally to another person's phone (or cell phone) that is offsite. For example, when the main phone rings, the AA would ask if they wanted to speak to person A or person B. If the caller presses the code for person B, it would call person B's phone number. As far as I can see the F208 is only for internal calls and would not work for what I just described. In fact, I have been looking and have not found any hardware solution like the F208 that would work Does anybody know of one that would?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I'm having a hard time understanding why a technical support group with staff and members that specialize in the sales and service of real telephone systems would be here recommending "products" that literally take food away from our tables. Buying "products" right off the boat through on-line mass marketers such as E-Bay and Amazon are buyer beware at best. Who is going to wire it? Who is going to support it? Who is going to be able to add onto it later? Why would anyone recommend such an open-ended "solution" to someone truly seeking guidance from professionals?

So many questions, and sigh.... So many disappointing answers.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Better off with a quality used Brand ,, That has Built in AA that can be programmed ,, In the Menu Press 1 Deacon John,, and with a local Link with Flash the line and dial the speed dial :number of John ,, all one 1 line ?? angel amen

He has suggestions for a couple different brands of phone systems. Hard to provide sound solutions if you don't know all the info. Larry headed him in the right direction....find someone local to come sit down and discuss things. Then an educated solution can be considered. If they have no money for the project, sure buy something off the internet and hopefully it works out.

BTS
Admin
Admin
Nonsense. You get to pay twice, one for the cheap-assed solution, and again for the working solution.

To the OP. A single line solution does't exist, unless you use a cloud Auto Attendant and all the members have cell phones or a way to be called. A professional would be able to put you into a system that would fit your needs. A pure IP system, don't laugh, might give you the best of both worlds, but it isn't exactly a DIY project. I have a auto dealership that has a system that has a short delayed ring for the sales people. It rings their desk, then their extension and cell phone 12 seconds later. From that cell connection, they can transfer calls to any other extension.

Though I don't know about the VoIP solutions, with a service like Grasshopper it doesn't look like you can use your existing number.

You need to understand that you are going to need at least two lines at your church in order to use an on premises system. If you are willing to install another line then there are many inexpensive solutions available to you. The one exception is if you can still get Centrex service from your phone company. Then you only need one line and an auto attendant like the Partner ACS+Partner Messaging (available on the refurbished market).

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Originally Posted by hbiss
with a service like Grasshopper it doesn't look like you can use your existing number.
-Hal

If you start to go through the setup process they do have an option to port your existing number. Of course the issue becomes replacing his original POTS line number with a new number after the 1st number gets ported.

My guess is that the original carrier cancels his phone service (and maybe even Internet if it's DSL) as soon as the port process is completed. He then spends the next few days trying to a new POTS line to the existing PBX.

a cheap operation using just one line: answer your one line with an aa, then offer recorded destinations that either directly give alternate phone numbers to be

dialed or collect voice messages that can then call out and deliver the callback request messages.

even cheaper: telephone answering machine giving out numbers.

not ideal, just cheap.

is cheap really the goal?

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
I'm new here, so I'll just offer some general suggestions.

The first thing to do is find out exactly what they want to do, and what their budget is to do it.

Do they want a PBX, with separate extensions on each desk? Do they have an operator who will answer all incoming calls?
Are they looking for a keysystem, with all lines at every desk and an intercom?
Do they need features like the ability to pick up a call at another desk, or voice mail?

I hope this helps.

Retired Central Office Repairman, rated in Toll and SARTS
The first thing to do is find out exactly what they want to do, and what their budget is to do it.

I think the OP established that in his first post. They only have and want one line. As for the budget, well it's a church. They want callers to that one line to be given the option of transferring to any of the cell phones owned by the clergy and staff. That's it. No desks, no VM, no extensions, no nuttin'.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (nfcphoneman, Yoda, justbill, Toner), 122 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024