Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

Let's talk a little:

I'm the new IT pro from my company (I studied Computer Systems, but nothing practical about Phone Systems), I need to configurate a recently bought SVMi-20E card from Telmex, the national telephonic company, and I don't have any idea of how to do it or manage the OS7200.

Maybe you can tell me, "Ask the vendor to help you to install and configure it". Well, there is the problem: Telmex only offer help and support to devices in rent, not for one in ownership by a company. I asked to them in any way possible, and they denied me the service. And guess what, the guy I take place of bought the OS7200 from Telmex after buying the SVMi-20E card, and before configure it (the company had it on rent basis in the past).

I'm from Aguascalientes, Mexico, and here is practically no support from Samsumg. Only people from other states can handle Samsung phone systems configuration, and my company don't want to pay that cost. So, I have two options: Do nothing and get fired, or do the job the last guy don't do no matter how.

So... Anyone can help me? smile I have read some pdf in the internet about how to do some things on Officeserv series, but all that documents require some other pdfs I can't find. For example, I have the installation booklet, the Device Manager one, the General Description too, and a quick reference guide to program SVMi-20E, but they say for example, "Call the SVMi-20E voice mail", so I think "What number is supposed I must dial?", or it says "input IP address from MP20 in Device Manager", but I plug the card to network switch, using wireshark, and nothing, that piece of shit don't send any packets, and I plug it directly to my laptop, and is the same, any IP direction given.

I will be very grateful with the one who can say me how to access computer based management or at least phone based management. grin

Kind regards,
Artorevs

Last edited by Artorevs; 03/16/18 01:41 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you know the IP address of the OS7200? Do you have OSDM (Device Manager) installed on a computer? Do you know the Password for the OS7200? If you can get into the OS7200 you then assign the SVMI 20e an IP address.

John 807
OP Offline
I don't have IP address for OS7200 (the whole thing was used isolated from all computer network only to handle calls).

I saw in one of the manuals that there is two web apps to manage it, one is Officeserv Device Manager (the one you are talking about) and other called Data Server, integrated in the card "WIM" that is not installed.

I have installed a software called "Officeserv Manager", but I saw is not the same as Device Manager. In a russian website I saw the exe file of DM alone, can I use it in the same way?

And about the password, I don' know it, neither network access nor phone management.

Maybe is obvious, but I really prefeer to manage this thing with the computer than with phone commands.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
They svmi20e ip is assigned via the sio port on the card.
If you have a mcp card there is no web version of fm. If you have a mp20 you it will.
The exe file you found is the stand alone device manager, you'll need to know the version of software on your system and get the matching version of the exe file

OP Offline
I have MP20, but I can't get how to connect frown

I plugged a ethernet cable on LAN port connected to the switch, and I'm unsure what IP it have. I found a device with FTP service identified with vendor Samsung when doing an IP scan in the subnet, but I'm unsure if it is the MP20, because there is other devices identified as Samsung, and probably them are just cellphones.

That device have this MAC address: 00:21:4C:99:8C:3A

If you have access to a MP20, can you check it's MAC to give me an idea of how I can identify mine? Normally the first 6 digits (or first 2 pairs) identify the vendor, and the next ones the device type.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
That is a Samsung mac address, and is likely the mp20, unless you have something line a Samsung printer on the network.
That could also be the svmi20e, try telnet to it.

Does it show port 5090 open? That's the port that device manager uses to communicate with the mp20.

OP Offline
Yeah, yeah! It don't let me login, but definitively is the MP20! laugh

It have the IP address 192.168.0.49, MAC 00:21:4C:99:8C:3A and is the only Samsung device that don't get rejected by the OSDM instantly with error "Check the link between DM and System" (the others are cellphones with name starting with "Android...". Instead, it says "No valid" when I try to login as Admin with password "samsung".

Now that I have identified the MP20, what's the next step? There is a way to reset Admin password from telephone or anyway to access?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Try ticking the encryption box on the dm login screen.

OP Offline
It says "No valid", so the password was changed smirk There is a way to change it or reset it? I found a software called "Installation Tool", and seems interesting. Can I use it to do this task?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Installation tool (or it tool) is the predecessor to device manager (dm).
The only way to reset the password for it tool/dm, is via a handset.
You'll need to contact either a local dealer to have a tech attend to-do this, or contact the tech support for your region.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 161 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024