web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rpeifer Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a client computer that is used to access Iwatsu IX-4EVMC via VMI System Editor (UDP IP address used for connection). The current Windows 7 machine is outdated and is being replaced, so we need to move the software. The ICON Programmer software has been moved with no issues. The VMI editor will not connect with the exact same settings as the other installation of VMI. It gets stuck during the testing connection portion. I have copied files and tried new installations and new profiles to no success. Meanwhile the other computer can still access it just fine. The computers are both in the same room and go through the same switching. I have checked for any firewall rules or exceptions and have found none. I got it to connect once when I broke the software during testing. I thought maybe someone would know a trick or a piece of info I'm missing to solve this one. Thanks ahead of time. Oh and I forgot to mention the phone providers are stumped and have not been able to help. I have had this problem on every PC I attempt to install it on.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Carolina Digital, the manufacturer of the VMI Omega Voice voicemail cards used by Iwatsu, closed its doors in 2016. My first guess would be that the programmer doesn't like Windows 10 very much, considering it was always a little flaky from Windows 98 and later. Is it possible for you to try connecting with a serial connection at the site? Barring that, I can only suggest verifying all of your settings, both on the new pc and on the 4EVMCas well.

When you say 'it gets stuck' do you mean the program locks up, or the connection fails with an error message?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
There are so many proprietary software that just never kept up with the changing computer environment. Sorry, DOS only. There was a great many that didn't survive the migration out of Windows 98, some that did crashed on NT or Windows 7. Then there are those handled XP until Service Pack 3, and like Windows 7, but not Server 2000.

If your company dealt with a variety of different systems it was a nightmare. Let's see was this system Hyperterminal or Procomm Plus...which Terminal Emulator do I use?

Now was that 9600-8,N,1 No? Okay, lets start at 300 baud and work our way to 14.4

Ain't live grand?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
rpeifer Offline OP
OP Offline
Just to clarify the computer is Windows 7 x64 bit currently and will be staying that way for now.

The computer is the clients everyday use computer and moving it to the room with the system for direct connection would be less than ideal. Though we have thought of doing this as a last measure.

I have been over the settings multiple times and I just can't see anything that is different from the original install.

When I said "it gets stuck" I meant it attempts to connect and sends some packets to the destination IP just as it does on the working install but this test is so slow and goes like so:

20%...40%...60%...80%...100%...back to 75%??? retrying...87%...Connection failed message pops up. Status bar says "unreliable connection background data has been disabled".

On the working installation with the same settings it this test is practically instant and unseen other than in the transfer log showing passed packets. I'm stumped. I have tried a clean install with new setup. I have tried copying files from the working computer but nothing seems to work.

I got it to connect once by glitching out the application during the testing of the connection. It still read testing but I was able to access the mailboxes and send changes. Though I lost this ability with further testing.

What settings on the 4EVMCas could be causing this? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Is there a setting that only allows one device hostname to access the system and denies others? If so how do I go about changing this?

Thank you for the responses!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Have you tried connecting directly to the card? You'll need a cross-over cable if connecting a pc directly. Anytime the VMI programmer takes more than a second or two to connect, a poor or non-existent connection is the culprit, It could possibly be a bad connection on the card. I have seen that a time or two. Check your physical connections.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
"It could possibly be a bad connection on the card."

Yup, have you checked on that already?

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024