Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#618615 04/06/18 04:58 PM
OP Offline
We had AT&T come through working on the upgrade to Fiber for their PRI and mysteriously the passwords changed on the IPOffice. Now the VM isn't recognized and shows a password error.

I Defaulted the IPO passwords so I could get back in. I then went to the VMPRO Administration F9 to change that password to the match the IPoffice. It fails saying the encryption is wrong.

I believe I know what the default password is for the link between them but not what is presently there.

I would ultimately like to change them all to the ones WE want to use.

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You mean you just can't connect to the VM Pro Client?

VM on the extensions is working?
Verify the following:
1. IP address on control unit hasn't changed.
2. VM Pro license (Preferred Edition license) is present and valid on the IP Office.
3. IP address of the VM Pro server hasn't changed and that the same address for VM Pro is defined in the IP Office.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Go into Security Settings > General > Unsecured Interfaces

Put a known password in the "Voicemail Password" field, and put the same one in the VM Pro General Settings (and stop and restart the service or App Server)
Be sure that the checkboxes for Application Controls are checked to allow VM Pro - I just check everything out of principle.

OP Offline
The VM cannot be called. The status log shows it is not connected due to invalid password.

IP addresses did not change.

I went to unsecured interfaces and tried a generic one as well as one we would prefer.

If I go to the general setting to change the password, every one gives an error about encryption but will not let me change it?

OP Offline
I feel like I'm in another one of those. "Wow? We've never seen THAT before"

Searches for iterations of "VMPRO Password Encryption failed" haven't even come close to this problem. All they point to is SMTP for email

Firewall?

OP Offline
Private was off
public was on
I allowed the public to come down

Then went back to VMPRO admin, preference, general
I used password for the generic password
Error shown is:

Password encryption failed. Please reenter the password.

OP Offline
Does the password have restrictions like special characters or case?

OP Offline
Any suggestions? We still cant get past this problem

You've got me stumped. Voicemail pro running on Windows? What release? Are you running VMPro Client as Administrator when you are going in and changing the password? Can you patch the VM server directly to the IPO Lan or Wan port, to eliminate the network as possibly blocking it?

OP Offline
Honestly Tommy, if YOU are stumped, I am WORRIED!

It is on Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

VMPRO v9. build 3
4 port
I always use the Administrator account.

There is a 5 port 10/100 dumb switch in between the VMPRO and the IPOffice. I do not think the switch is blocking but I can eliminate it. I can ping the IPOffice address from the VMPRO.

OP Offline
Anybody have a flash of brilliance while I was Pirating along the Spanish Main on a Tallship?
[Linked Image from sirius-business.com]
After a few weeks aboard the Mandalay, I KNOW "the ropes".
HOWEVER I do need to be completely retrained on technology.

OP Offline
anyone

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya

Originally Posted by Not_sirius
We had AT&T come through working on the upgrade to Fiber for their PRI and mysteriously the passwords changed on the IPOffice. Now the VM isn't recognized and shows a password error.

Thanks

We know it is a password error. if you followed TTT advice to the letter, then i would bring in an Avaya Business Partner to resolve. If you are an Avaya Business Partner, you should open a ticket.

OP Offline
Hi Mongo5150

It sounds like we are going to have to call in the big guys then. doh
[Linked Image from sirius-business.com\ratz.gif]

Thanks for the info.

Have a great week......END

Ralph

OP Offline
Sooo..... Tommy

Wanna story?

The VM was still off line and the remote wouldn't come up either. They called to have me work on some of the other extensions in outlying building. I thought I'd take the opportunity for another look at the VM while onsite and why I couldn't remote in. There was no display and I didn't have a video card or spare monitor so I took it with me when I left. 14 miles and 50 min. later (Napa Valley highway traffic) I get an angry call from the company who contracted me to go in the first place. THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS DOWN SINCE YOU WERE THERE! GO BACK AND FIX IT! I got there over an hour later (I need beaming technology) The system was up but the PRI had no signal. I told them it was an AT&T issue that I would have it called in. We contacted AT&T

NSTIW........

They had been put on TEMPORARY DISCONNECT for NON-PAYMENT................. Coincidentally they pulled the plug a mere 15 min. after I had just left.

WHY does this kinda stuff always happen to me???

OK...... SO I took the PC home and it turned out to be the monitor. It was also stuck on a failed prior boot up. I came up in safe mode ran SFC/SCANNOW with no results. Next boot cycle came up fine. I decided to put some utilities on from my own system and temporarily changed the static IP 10.0.0.41 to DHCP. I tested the Logmein remote access, transferred a few files and returned it to the same IP as before. Back onsite it wouldn't connect though. I went back to DHCP which handed off 10.0.0.142 and it connected to the internet but naturally not the IPOffice. When I reset to the static 10.0.0.41 address it came up with IP conflict. I returned to DHCP and tried to ping the 10.0.0.41 but got no replies. I then static'd it to 10.0.0.42. It came up with internet access and I could ping the IPO on 10.0.0.22. I changed the IPO, system, Voicemail address to match the 10.0.0.42 and it all came up working perfect. No more messages about encryption level or bad passwords.I went back through 3 backup files to verify that 10.0.0.41 was correct. I ran angryip to see if there was any hits on 10.0.0.41 and it showed as as unused and available.

I remember telling you the IP had not changed before and it had not. Any clue on how that mysteriously became an excluded IP that reports available but is NOT?

I'm just glad it is back up but I don't like not knowing what happened.

Thank you for your help.. You clues were valid. Sadly on my planet things don't follow the rules.

Ralph

Maybe check the ARP table for 10.0.0.41 to see if there is an entry with a MAC that is not the VM Computer. If you get a MAC, cross reference with manufacturer, see if it rings a bell with the customer. I had a firm add a Sony flat screen TV to the break room, the DHCP server didn't have the IPO address reserved so it handed it out to the TV. Damn thing wouldn't reply to pings unless it was turned on, so VPN phones would fail and oddball times.

And, I always have a flat screen monitor and keyboard with a touchpad in my van for headless servers

So glad you got it sorted out - hope that customer pays his bills to you!!

OP Offline
BIngo!

I used the ARP as suggested and DID find an entry for 10.0.0.41 as a Dynamic address. I do not have access to their router and the MAC did not ring any bells. I did a -d on it and plan to wait and see if a device gives grief. I will also tell their IT dept to exclude the 10.0.0.42 as well as the 10.0.0.22 address of the IPO. I can only imagine the frustration of finding your TV giving intermittent IP conflicts then dropping off (probably mid testing). I had one at a hospital that The monitors on one desk would scramble daily. Took 3 visits to catch it happening. It was only when the X-RAY machine in the next office was in use. Turned out that the lead shielding between the walls ground wire was disturbed during a service call on it. Nurses freaked out knowing they had been being exposed for nearly 2 months.

They HAVE been doing substantial upgrades to their huge wireless network in the compound. An odd new device, AP or more likely the router was replaced without using the existing exclusions could explain everything except why it didn't ping. Maybe the device is like the girlfriend who won't listen either? Uhhhh.. This IS a private forum isn't it? bolt

Sadly I had to give up my REAL van for economic reasons and my HHR doesn't have enough room to carry everything at once. I am in a constant state of shuffling stuff for various types of jobs. Generally I rely on client spares onsite to use. Kind of like in The movie We Were Soldiers when the colonel says "I won't need to jump with an M16. there will be plenty of them lying around on the ground".

I'm glad It's up too. This has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Even if the client isn't screaming, I HATE out of service conditions.

Fortunately, If there is a billing battle, it will be the company that contracts me in the fight. We've had this issue before as THEY are my customer not their end user. I do the work, I bill them. They mark it all up and bill their client. As a subcontractor to them I am paid 1st and they hopefully collect from theirs. I have never been to court about any work. She on the other hand has taken her company MANY time and considers herself an expert on it. I'd rather keep my customers happy than litigate.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Ralph

Last edited by Not_sirius; 06/28/18 03:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Turned out that the lead shielding between the walls ground wire was disturbed during a service call on it. Nurses freaked out knowing they had been being exposed for nearly 2 months.

The lead on the back of the sheetrock doesn't need to be grounded for it to shield x-rays. Lead does that just fine all by itself. If the framing it's mounted to is wood and not metal studs- which would normally be automatically grounded by virtue of electrical boxes being mounted to it, it probably is advisable to provide a ground for it since is a metallic "structure" that could become electrically energized. So it's an electrical and NEC thing, nothing to do with preventing exposure.

You might want to tell the nurses that if the radiologist hasn't told them already.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I'm just the IT guy and only know every time the machine went on the monitors went crazy unless you moved them back about 6' from the wall. Their building guys told me it was a grounding issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
3 members (jkmartin, Toner, KRRath), 145 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024