web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#618759 04/11/18 04:11 PM
Lacota Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello

I have a 7200 using SIP trunks behind a Sonic Firewall and it's having an issue with calls cutting off and sometimes silent it's not every call it's more like 1 in 10 I have tried every thing with the phone system it was on version 5.1 but have tried it on 4.98 have upgraded all the other cards this is with the MPS off with it on you get more issues with one way audio rather than cutting off this could just be that they are ending the call before it cuts off, the SIP provider have said the header contains duplicate ip addresses that is causing a loop condition which is the problem so I can't help think it's a fire wall issue but they have said that SIP ALG is off or sonicwalls version of it is off!

Samsung are looking in to this for me as well but just wanted to see if any one here has had a similar issue with these firewalls ?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have. The issue I had with the Sonic Wall was the UDP ports shutting down.

John 807
I have also had this issue with a different system and SonicWall. In the firewall rules under the advanced tab, there is a setting for TCP and UDP timeout. Most SIP vendors recommend 15 min for TCP and 300 seconds for UDP. They also need to allow fragmented packets. This can also be changed in the Flood Protection settings on the firewall, but they may not want to change it for every item. They may also need to enable multicast.

Lacota Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for info will take a look in to thees options.

The way that I normally setup my sonicwalls without fail is Maximum DPI connections in advanced settings and setting the UDP timeout to 700. Always works for me.

I realize this is an old thread but for anyone else that runs across it in a search, on a Sonicwall you have to turn on consistant nat as well. Makes life much easier.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 211 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024