web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#619261 04/26/18 03:34 PM
OP Offline
Here is the situation. Several new employees need to reset passwords but this can't be done without the old passwords (Obviously).

I am unfamiliar with the system and cannot find any paperwork or any info at all about who has worked on it in the past or who installed it, not even a sticker. I have contacted 3 local companies including our city telecom company and have not yet been able to find anyone who can default passwords. Obviously I don't want to mess with things I am unfamiliar with and what I have found so far online does not seem to work.

I've been lucky on here in the past (A long time ago now) finding the right people so my first question is does anyone know of a tech in the Nebraska area (NorthEast) who can work on Nortel systems or maybe someone I can contact by phone. I am assuming there is a way to default passwords without losing other programming.

Thanks in advance for any hints you can offer. As a business user it would be sensible to have a contact for the future.

Charlie Tame

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Are you referring to voicemail passwords?

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
You forgot to mention which voice mail system you speak of....pretty important!
Good to know which phone system too!

If it's a Norstar type such as Callpilot, Flashtalk, Norstar Applications Module, Startalk then:
Best to read the Callpilot Setup and Operation Guide
This will tell you how to enter programming via F983
How to reset users mailboxes passwords back to 0000 where they can then enter their own password again
How to rest the administrators login via F985

Using Google or Yellow Pages to search for a vendor should not be that difficult but try this page: https://sundance-communications.com/installers/Telephone_Installers/

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
Yep, I had planned a follow up post but got interrupted so sorry about that. It is an NT7B53.

It turns out there is a tutorial online so we got the password thing resolved for now but more important for future situations would be to find a fairly local installer / supplier in case of serious problems in future. Yellow pages things online were no real help since many list "Nortel" services but don't actually do Nortel any more due to ownership changes smile The 3 local companies I called were most helpful but despite their efforts they couldn't find anyone either.

For future reference in case it helps others I found this URL. https://www.teltechservices.ca/learn/training-videos

Thanks again for the response, unfortunately I got stuck with too many things happening at once yesterday smile

Have you talked with these guys? https://www.cpitelecom.net/nortel

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Charlie: Did you get my Private message ?

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,799 Shoretel
188,963 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 132 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024