web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
But I would think the MAACO owner would know about that? Nothing was said about how and who set up the cable account. If it was just the owner calling the cable company asking for service on a few POTS lines there is no forwarding going on. So OP, is that how it went? Or was MAACO corporate involved?

I know companies like Allstate insurance that own the local numbers and they can do anything they want with them before it gets to the local office.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This is an Aspire. Having installed a bunch of them, I call BS.

Admin
Admin
If the toll free number is in the Maaco HQ, it's not BS. You dial the number and it is forwarded to the 10-digit franchisee number. Now, Maaco can keep stats on the toll free traffic. They can't monitor the local direct calls, since they don't have control of that number, but most any cloud system can track and record the numbers that pass through their system.

Carl

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I can say with complete certainty that U-Haul does this, even if you call the local franchises' number. I know this because I rented a truck from them last summer. I was told by the woman on the phone that calls were automatically diverted to her call center if all of the local lines are tied up or not answered within three rings. When I went to the local store, I saw that they had RCA 4-line phones, with all four lines in use the whole time I was in line.

I also know a former agent for Farmer's Insurance. They mandated that she have hosted service from a specific provider and her equipment cost was zero. Now we know why. She paid the bill, but they monitored every bit of her agency's traffic.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Sure, RNAs can get transferred by the cable company. I just wonder if they can transfer to a number not on the account of the subscriber. We know nothing from the customer about his cable account.

I did mention Allstate and how corporate gets involved.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Comcast is probably doing it for them. I know we have a few car dealerships that Comcast does all the call recording and reporting for them because of deal they agreed with them for getting all 10 sites.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
If the feature is available on the line, the end-user can forward the calls to any number he chooses himself with *72 or whatever the provider switch uses. This isn't a high-level conspiracy by any means.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Nobody thinks it's a conspiracy, just a question about how it's done in this case and so far we came up with as many questions as theories. Without the OP asking the customer some pointed questions we can debate this all day.

Apparently now we have gone from the original question about call monitoring to call forwarding...

-Hal

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,328 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024