web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm an IT guy who also supports phone systems, and am fairly adept at telco stuff. I was a Lucent/ATT/Avaya partner back in the Merlin Legend, and Partner system days, and are very comfortable in cli, terminal, etc.. I've built dozens of Asterisk VoIP systems, and support Panasonic, Avaya, and other systems across our small county, just to give you some background.

I have a question about an old SX200 system which seemingly recently, has started to experience some weird issues. This is for a hotel with 98 rooms, and a handful of admin/office phones. Some digital, most analog on ONS cards (both white and blue) with 2 cabinets.

We have 6 or so extensions that all appear to be on one card (we haven't tested every extensions), that cannot dial any external numbers. To be honest I have not tried room to room, but I was onsite yesterday, and with a butt set, I was able to confirm that we have a few that will dial 9, get dialtone, but after 3 digits will get a busy signal. The extension right next to it in the card/punch block works fine. Our provider, for example, uses 311 for announcing the trunk phone numbers, so I was testing using my cell phone (local call) and 311. Port 1 and 2 were fine, where 3 (cab 1, slot 3) would give fast busy. I also noted that the dialtone that is heard after hitting 9 is coming from the system (in both cases) and not from a trunk. The trunk is not taken off hook until you finish dialing the number or 311.

After reading on this forum and the other Mitel forum, I went through, what I *think* is all the ARS/COR and routing stuff, and can't seem to find any restrictions enabled at all. I do not see where to (if it even has it) assign a COR to an extension number or port though, and maybe this is what I'm missing. At some time (before me) they had restrictions for local calls but right now they don't restrict calling from the rooms. We feel that most people will use cell phones, but for whatever reason, there has been an uptick in guests using the phones (multiple complaints in the last week).

So what I'm thinking is that the extensions are in a group that is restricted using a COR that doesn't exists now. The routing options that specify the "dial 9" feature has all of the prefixes and numbers allowed (including 311 and my local cell), but I'm either missing something or we have a systemic issue. This is an old system and we've been limping it along by replacing parts here and there. We've got a pile of extra parts too as I had another client with one that they took out of service, plus trying to nail down a ringing issue a while back they purchased a number of refurbished cards.

What we've done:
power cycled the cabinets, no change
Changed out the ONS card with both white and blue ones, with no change
Looked through every ARS form - but didn't see any restrictions

Looking for a place to start looking next as I'm out of ideas, and run out of search results LOL.

Thank you for any assistance!
Sean Garland
Garland Tech, Inc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Go to the console and see if the extension is restricted to INT LD or LOCAL. Set it to LD (long distance). INT is internal. Then TEST.

OR

Make the COR the same as working extensions. Form 9.

Good luck and be careful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,167 CTX100 install
187,014 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024