web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#621139 06/15/18 12:01 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer that I have quoted a Summit system for that has a building across the street. They have a fiber connecting the two buildings. They currently have 5 VOIP phones running through it on an NEC system. I quoted the new VOIP phones for the Summit, but they say it is too costly and wanted to know if I could install the edge 9024 digital sets instead. They found some copper to fiber converter online and they think it will work. I have used those types of convertors in the past with analog lines using the fxs & fxo ports, but I don't recall ever trying to connect a digital telephone. Does anyone know of any equipment that will work for this application?

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
No, that's not going to work. You were correct quoting the VoIP phones.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
No, that's not going to work. You were correct quoting the VoIP phones.

Exactly, there is nothing that will do what you want, unless you installed a second Summit and networked them, which will be more costly than Voip phones

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
With the iPECs system, they offer digital station modules that can provide up to 24 digital stations via an Ethernet connection. That was one of the reasons that I seriously considered carrying it under Vodavi's brand 'Telennium'. It was mighty handy to be able to throw 8- or 24-port modules wherever they were needed, while only having to worry about two good pairs and an electrical outlet to make it happen.

Unfortunately, these aren't supported by the Summit. Still, this might be a good time to look into the iPECs product line. Although it's no longer a Vodavi/Vertical offering, the people behind it are the same with regard to hardware. I'm sure that Larry would be happy to introduce it to you for future similar applications.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
They IPECS DTIMs would work great for this application. However, if the customer thinks that the cost of 5 VoIP phones off of a Summit cost too much, then they won't be interested in the IPECS.

OP Offline
I explained that what they were looking at was for analog dial tone and that they would need copper pairs ran to the building to get the digital phones to work. They entertained the idea of running it, but after I explained the cost of running the cabling, getting the city permits and time it would take to complete it, they agreed to go with the VOIP phones. Ed, I am not sure about the iPECS system. I have just barely started learning the Summit and am finally getting comfortable with it. I am certified on the Summit as well, so I am not sure about switching to another platform. I would assume that if the hardware is similar that the programming methods would be similar as well? Do you have to be certified to sell it? Is the cost similar to the Summit line of products?

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, jkmartin, KRRath), 142 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024