Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62129 04/18/09 01:53 AM
OP Offline
Trouble: When I attempt to load DB PROGRAM Ver 9.xx on to a laptop with Vista,or a second laptop with XP, the load is accepted but when I open any type of session, I recieve messags that "a wrong version of msjet35.dll was found". Tha odd thing is that we loadded the same software on (2) other laptops (XP& Vista), and it works fine. Whwn we search all pc's for msjet35.dll; check properites, thay all show the same version! Some else must have hit this glicth! Helping thoughts?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have a higher version already loaded, I have seen an error when you load a lower version than one already on the machine, don't remember what the error said or number but might try removing anything higher reinstalling then put the later versions on
Randy

OP Offline
Here's my approach: From search in windows I located the msjet35.dll file and deleted it. Tried to open session: result was msjet35.dll file not found. O.K. Remove DB program. Check for msjet35.dll-no file, good. Reload Db program, run session,: Result: different version found!Run search in windows, find msjet.35 file, click on properties...file was created when the DB program was loaded. Worse...the msjet35.dll file version is the same version as is on the Pc's that the DB program works on?

Jet is the database engine that underlies Microsoft Access, so apps written in that or VBA will use it to store data.

Alas, some apps will install an older version overtop of a newer version. Welcome to dependency hell...

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
You will need to get the latest version of MS Jet after installation.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/172733

OP Offline
Straight from google..."some apps" is where I am looking for some help..It's not hell...is just is what it is smile

OP Offline
Tried that from the mircrosoft website Tito, won't allow me to download latest version?

OP Offline
I appreciate the ideas. I'm not being lazy, just cautious. Here's more info: I do not have office "97 installed on either PC... My colleage has (2) PC (1) vista, (1) XP (as do I). Exact DB program runs correctly on both his PC's. Clue:? He is an Intel Tech...I am Mitel (26 yrs)...some program I use that he does not? I am trying not to have to wipe my drive! Secure Tel-net and Guild programs are just (2). Has anyone come across either of these programs causing this issue/ Thanks

This has been a problem in the past and reinstalling the JET has fixed it for me. Can you take one of the working dlls and copy it over to the nonworking pc after installing DB Manager and see what happens? When you try to install the update from Microsoft what error are you getting?

OP Offline
the error I get is that I do not have Office 97 .
That;s the odd thing; the dll versions are the same?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nfcphoneman), 121 guests, and 387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024