web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey! I have a headache problem ,, ,DS16 SVMI2 4 port. New mailbox assigned to Ext207 ,, Mailbox is assigned in MMC741 ,, when u try to get into new mailbox, 6 zeros it says incorrect password try again ,i have 6 digit password set up,, So i go and reset it ,,same thing over ,& over,, the last time this happened , i gave the person a new extention and assigned the new box mail,, Bam it worked ,, so i thought i would spin the wheel and try it again ,but the nasty lady said incorrect password try again. So i left it.. for next week.. i have rebooted the SVMI2 ,still no go. I will return and hook up laptop and take a look a the Data,, any ideas . Thks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I assume the default password is set to 6 "0"'s ?

Svmi's do some weird "stuff" from time to time.If it still won't work I would try a default but take a backup of the flash card first to reup if you still get the problem.I would guess a corrupt dta file or something in there.

OP Offline
HI! Yes 6 zeros ,, Its been a while doing any defaulting of samsung voicemails,, is that info in the manual ?? I can backup the flash card to my computer, with a file name, and reload after defaulting ,, any tips i should know . Thks.

pvj Offline
On the flash card you need to backup the MSG, PMT, MBX and DTA folders I think. So messages,mailboxes,prompts and data .You could probably just take a copy of the entire card.
You should be able I think to exit the Svmi and get to a dos prompt. It appears you need to go to the DTA directory and then you should be able to type default.bat
I don't think there is a menu option for default on the 2E ,can't remember.

Realize though if this works then you will probably have to set this system up again from scratch.

You are sure the default passcode is 6 zeros?Check that first in the programming to make sure that's what it is and it hasn't corrupted into something else.Sometimes these Svmi 's do a few strange things.I had one a month ago that removed the mailboxes associated with the extensions.And every once in a while it drops a specific mailbox.

OP Offline
They have 6 digit ,, but when entering new mailbox default password,, a soon as i hit the 4th 0 ,, the prompt buts in with u have entered i an incorrect password try again. I think i will connect laptop with hyper terminal and enter a password on mailbox 207 to 6 digit like XXXXXX,,and try the mailbox on the phone and see if it allows me access. Will update this . Thks Brett

pvj Offline
Getting that prompt after entering 4 digits makes it appear the the default length is 4 digits.I would hook up a screen and see what's going on.

Just for giggles,if you create a new mailbox say 216 or something not being currently used what happens?Does 6 zeroes work?

OP Offline
With no extention assigned to it,,?? just create mbx. 216 and see if you can get to it from day greeting??

pvj Offline
Doesn't matter ,just create a spare and see if you can access it

OP Offline
Soo ,update , i found that i must of changed the mailbox default password , a while ago ,,as a Toll fraud preventive and had forgot ..I must be keep better notes ,, i'm pretty sure the Admin Person had it in her notes ,but is only in 2 days week , i was relieved thats all it was ,, i really didn't want default the SVMI . Now back to your regular program , on Independance Day . Thks

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024