Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Moved the phone to the distribution block directly off of the KSU. Same problem. On two different ports (original port on the station module) and the new port is on the main cabinet. So I do not believe it to be a cable 25pr cable issue.

Set relocation was off when I took the set and plugged it into port 122. It came up as 241. I have not left the phone as DN 241 long, so I can't say if the problem would appear if I left it that way.

Other than replacing the station module, that would be the only thing I can think left try. That is to do as you suggest, leave as 241 (see if runs normal) and set the answer DN for 254.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought I would update on what I have found:

Customer had called back saying that since moving the phone to x241, it still would randomly reboot. The only thing I hadn't done at this point was try another phone. I had a new T7316 with me in the truck, so I plugged it in. It came up and I told the customer I would be in touch about swapping out the station expansion module.

I got a call two days later, that the phone had been staying up with no problems, which surprised me. I told them to give it a few more days and we'll see what happens.

Well fast forward to last week, and the phone has been staying up solid for 3+ weeks. Now I started kicking myself, that maybe it was just dumb luck that I had grabbed some bad phones off of the shelf in the shop. I told the customer I was going to try moving the T7316 back to its original port (x254) and see what happens. Well this phone will not come up on that port either, just like the 2 or 3 M7310's did. I moved the T7316 back to x241 and left an answer DN key for 254 programmed on it. So far it has been working.

Not sure why the T7316 is working when others wouldn't, but the customer is satisfied. Although I am still stumped.

Thank you all for the help and information.

The MICS , is Mixed up and suffering from Digital Senility, do to age and mixed up neuron synapse pathways are confused . Early warnings signs of total failure unless upgraded .. angel

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024