web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#622608 08/08/18 04:20 AM
Stewd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

Have a pretty simple question which I hope someone can answer quickly. Currently playing with and trying to setup a os 7030 with Voicemail. Currently only have one phone (ext 203) plugged into it which rings if the extension is set in the station group menu. (Group 500)

I have set this group to fwd all calls after 1 second to group 509 (bi-VMS) which has extensions 301 & 302 within it. If I call the phone externally the call is fwd after one ring (as expected). Then there is a pause and the AA picks the call up and states "Transfering you to ext 203".

From what I've read you can't have VM on the operator's group (500) so I put the ext (203) in group 501 and removed it from 500. When I do this and try to call in the phone doesn't ring. I thought this was due to the Trunk Ringing all being set to 500. So I changed this to 501 (Did not restart the box) but this had no change.

Am I missing something very simple? Or does someone have a way to setup VM on group 500 - End result I'm looking for is if the phone is not picked up after xx seconds VM kicks in so they can leave a message.

Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
If 501 doesn't ring , did you set all the ring plans to 501?Maybe there are additional ring plan timers in effect hard to tell from here.
What happens if you dial 501 internally?

When you say ring it do you mean internally or by ringing exchange number if analogue line you need to use mmc 406
and if digital you need to use mmc 714 as above posted said try ringing 501 group but to do that you need another extn

Stewd Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Gerrya
When you say ring it do you mean internally or by ringing exchange number if analogue line you need to use mmc 406
and if digital you need to use mmc 714 as above posted said try ringing 501 group but to do that you need another extn

Thanks Gerrya - Managed to sort out the station grouping by clearing our mmc 714 and starting again - Also it seemed incoming was sending incoming digits with +44 (Switched this off at SIP provider end) and call now routes to the correct station group.

Now just need to sort the VM out. So it doesn't pause then present the message of "Transfering you to ext 203".

mmc 601 currently has the same configuration as mentioned in original post.

"fwd all calls after 1 second to 509 (bi-VMS) which has extensions 301 & 302 within it. If I call the phone externally the call is fwd after one ring (as expected). Then there is a pause and the AA picks the call up and states "Transfering you to ext 203"."

personally I take out the message saying transferring you to extn think promt is overhead transfer long time since I done it

Is there a greeting recorded? It sounds like the voicemail is set to forward calls to ext 203 in forward trunk/station

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024