web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WTC Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a school with an existing CIX 100 cabinet and they have built and addition school building which is at least 350 meters away. I do not believe the Toshiba digital stations will operate one one pair at that distance. Using two pair is not an option as they have 16 new phones and only 20 pair ( 5 Cat 6 cables ) between the buildings.
What is best way to tie the two buildings together and they would like to use the digital sets at each site and not IP phones.
Can anybody make a suggestion for this.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You will need to go IP handsets due to the distance.
This would be a cost effective solution compared with upgrading the CIX100 to a CIX670 and installing 2 x RRCU cards and having a remote 670 cabinet running over a fiber link just so you can run digital DKT handsets at the remote location.

Regards
Carl
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Is there a fiber connecting the two buildings?

Online Content
Originally Posted by WTC
I have a school with an existing CIX 100 cabinet and they have built and addition school building which is at least 350 meters away. I do not believe the Toshiba digital stations will operate one one pair at that distance. Using two pair is not an option as they have 16 new phones and only 20 pair ( 5 Cat 6 cables ) between the buildings.

Per the I&M, the maximum distance 1 pair or 2 pair is 303 Meters. You are correct about the distance, but that second pair isn't going to help.

I won't have much addition info to offer since you already got replies from a couple of Toshiba experts, but in the log run I think IP may be the last available option. You could add a second CIX processor and QSIG over IP, but that would not be my first choice.

Either that or use standard analog phones, and grow tto a CIX670, as previously mentioned

Is there reason why you would not want an IP solution at all?

WTC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your quick response. There is a multimode fiber between the two location so I am thinking a MIPU card with 24 licenses is the way to go. That should be the best solution in the long run. Can you confirm this is the best option for me.

Once again thank you for your help.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I would add the MIPU24 card and 24 x IP endpoint licenses if I was going to be doing the job.
(Don't forget the MIPU24 will use 2 x 16 port slots so might be easier to supply 2 x MIPU16 cards)

The operation of the IP handset is the same as a Digital so the customer won't see any difference between the 2 types.

Regards
Carl
Online Content
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
I would add the MIPU24 card and 24 x IP endpoint licenses if I was going to be doing the job.
(Don't forget the MIPU24 will use 2 x 16 port slots so might be easier to supply 2 x MIPU16 cards)

The operation of the IP handset is the same as a Digital so the customer won't see any difference between the 2 types.

Unless I was going to do a 24 channel SIP trunk, I would opt for 2 - 16 channel MIPUs for better port density.

Even though Slot 3 on a CIX100 was designed for a 24 port T1 card, the I&M manual says that you still need 2 slots for an MIPU24

Remote cabinet and get a bunch of 4-port basic licenses for now and the future. You can find used Toshiba parts for cheap. Toshiba is going to disappear soon, including licensing, so I would stay away from IP phones. What happens if they need a few more IP phones in the future? No licenses. No phones.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,346 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 99 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024