web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

I received my call director and it seems that the buzzer is not working. I did change out the buzzer with another one and still no luck how ever when you enter the phone phone extension line 6 lights up on the second roll of buttons. I did connect the phones two 25 pair connectors using a bridge adapter while I was playing around. But I only connected the first pair to test the buzzer and it still did not work. So I am wondering if it could be wired wrong in the phone, would any one know how to fix the buzzer issue?

Another issue is that the lamp for line 4 will not light at all, I did change the bulb and still no luck. I am wondering if it could be a lose connection somewhere in the rats nest of wires.

Another issue that I have the recall button is not working and it seems that the wire has broken off in the phone to do its age. I tried to locate the broken connector but no luck.

I have made a youtube video with pictures and a short clip of the call director in action.

It seems that you can attach any pictures here.

Please let me know if its worth the time to fix the 3 issues do to all the wires of the phone. If not no biggie at all as I will still enjoy the phone.

I really wished that I could get my hands on a green touchstone call director. For some odd reason I love that color.

Thanks for all your help.
Brian

Last edited by morephones; 08/17/18 10:15 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I also changed out with another phone and the lamp and buzzer did work so I am thinking its cable or phone

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Check to see what pair the buzzer is wired to. Yellow /Orange? Yellow /Green?

What pair do you have the intercom signal lead cross connected to?

As far as line 4 not lighting, The lamp pair for Line 4 is Black/Orange. See if you have the polarity correct. A reversed cable pair might cause problems, depending on how you're wiring is set up. Also see if you've swapped the Black/Orange and Black/Brown pairs. On some cables they look very similar.

Is your Intercom is on Line 5? What type is it? Many intercoms do not need an A lead; on line 5 that's the Black/Brown pair. if you've got BK/O & Bk/Br swapped that could be your problem.

Where is your recall button located? Is it an add-on on the face plate? As I recall 12 button call directors of the period did not come standard with recall buttons.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Hi Sam,

Thank you for your help. The recall button was added at the top of the phone above the face plate so it looks like it could have been added after the phone was installed.... But here is a youtube video with pictures and a short clip of the call director in action.

It looks like the recall buttons wire broke off do to its age or may have not been wired at all.

Also after taking a closing look at line 4's lamp it looks the the metal contact that holds the bulbs is loose. I may not want to bend it back in place as I am afraid that the metal contact may break do to its age,

So I would need to test the Black/Brown pair for the buzzer?

Thanks

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Open the phone and look for the buzzer. See what color wires it's connected to. Check your wiring at the block. See what wires our intercom signal leads are connected to. If they're not the same as what the buzzer s connected to, it'll never work. Usually buzzers are connected to the Yellow/Orange pair. Some older Bell sets had them connected to Yellow/ Green.

Check and get back to us.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
some symptoms may suggest that the connecting cable may have previously been used for a ten button set instead of a different key set. don't blame the telephone until you closely examine the 66 block

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 127 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024