web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
EXCELLENT Diagram and intel, Tommy.

It appears to be like a 9th level selection. It will always pick line one if it is idle. If 1 is busy it will pick line 2..

One thing though. If the entire VM board is REMOVED and there is only the PROC and both 308ec's the problem starts so I don't think the VM /AA is the key to it. What is weird is that if there is only 1 308ec then there is no trouble?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

is it possible that a phantom station port far enough removed from one 308 card is remotely call forwarded and is seizing in an attempt to forward a call sent to that station port? perhaps dialing all of the station ports that would appear in a second port card would duplicate your trouble

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
If you pull either 308 card then the station number scheme changes. So that would point to something at the higher numbered stations on the system. This would either point to programming or physical issues with either the cabling or the equipment (card or 5 slot carrier). Have you just removed all of the cabling from the last 308 card in the system?

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Well, did you program DSS buttons like we suggested? Don't want to hear any more wild guesses from anybody until you do.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I had the IW off both 308ec's but not the processor card and the trouble was still there as long as they were plugged into the carrier.

The site is 35 miles north of me so I waited until I had another processor card before returning.

I have another set to do the DSS testing and this is where I plan to start. I think the renumbering is a good clue as that would mask a bad actor in the higher ext. numbers.

I'll be back after I try these things.

Thanks Again!

This one really has me curious on what you find wrong.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
First and foremost I must thank everyone here for the stellar help diagnosing this one..

OK, Guys,

This was just another of Ralph's NSTIW problems.

IMHO This is what occurred.

I had been shooting the original line seizing problem too casually and instead of identifying which extension was doing it FIRST, I just began unplugging the RJ14's on each port hoping to see when the line seizure dropped. That's when things got worse. After all the things suggested here I used the DSS to Identify the offending extension. I unplugged it but the the trouble still showed to the other 308 which I HADN'T suspected as is was on an unused but CONNECTED port#40. I removed all the plugs from the 308 but the trouble remained, so I replaced that card and it cleared. I was about to call it a done deal until I got outside in the sunlight. Unknown to me was that 2 earwigs had taken up residence in one of the jacks. When I finally got it out in the light could see inside I could see where I had apparently squished them and the moisture had crossed the data pairs. I used my dental picks to clean it out, reseated it and all was good. I also sprayed insecticide around the cabinet closest.

Had I thought about Hbiss's original recommendation to use DSS keys to locate it, this could have all been avoided. I think the earwigs themselves may have been there a while but were OK until I released the juices by reinserting the plug in 40.

In my world of "half full/half empty but still room for more" I ALWAYS look for the pony in the manure. I justified this to myself with: Well at least I found them instead of it becoming an intermittent that fluctuated for months with the humidity.

Next lifetime I want to be a plumber. They ALWAYS know where the $#!T is coming from. Water problems are always readily apparent. It drips, it sprays, it won't go away, there is none.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE EXCELLENT TECHNICAL SUPPORT!

Ralph

Last edited by Not_sirius; 10/27/18 01:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Ralph,
Thanks for the update, this one was like a soap opera couldn't wait for the next episode.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Thanks Dans,

If you liked this one watch for the title of my book.

"No $#!t,

There I was.........."

While I only have about 10 chapters ready, I have about 150 more oddball incidents.... Uh... 151 now.

You know STANDARD stuff from the field.

Like when I was still with Pacific Telephone we had made over 20 tech visits looking for noise in vain with a pissed off customer. It all tested fine but I was afraid to stand in her kitchen and tell dispatch it was OK out again so I went to the protector to make the call. Unlike I was told by my supervisors, I usually did not make people lock up their animals. Well I'm talking to the testboard on clear Dialtone again when their big old dumb lab walks up and pees on the corner of the house. SHXHHSSSSHHHSSSXXXXX...... With gloves on I pulled back the IW and found 2 staple holes facing towards the wall. I stripped back the outside sheath and found green corrosion going about 3" up each side. I replaced that section and was THRILLED that I had finally found the recurring problem. I told the customer what it was and she complained about how many visits it took. I told her to have her dog pee everywhere before calling us again.

Just another day in the life of Ralph.....

And I am extremely grateful for the guidance I receive here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill), 59 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024