web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#624419 10/15/18 05:35 AM
OP Offline
So I purchased a second hand Samsung OfficeServ 7100 off eBay recently for testing purposes and ran into a few problems. The first problem I am having is actually connecting to the unit. I have the unit powered up with a network cable connecting from my switch to the LAN port of the MP10a and all the lights are flashing correctly but i just cant seem to find what the IP address is.

I have looked on a few other forums for answers and just can't seem any answers.

I Also don't know if the unit has be reset back to factory defaults or any of the passwords. So I'm a little in the dark with this.

The unit has a MP10a module as well as two UNI modules installed and i believe the software version is OfficeServ 7100 (AUA) V4.606. The handsets I'm using for testing are solely Samsung SMT-i5210 IP Phones.

If anyone can help me progress through this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do the phones come up and register with the system?? Is there any DLM cards on the system?

OP Offline
The only handsets i have the Samsung SMT-i5210 IP Phones and none of them register with the system. I have tried to reset the system back to factory defaults and then resetting one of the SMT-i5210 back to factory defaults as well to see if it could find it without success. I also pulled the system apart and documented all the boards and modules as following

Slot 1
MP10a with 4DLM Module

Slot 2
UNI Board
Module 1: 4DLM Module
Module 2: 4DLM Module
Module 3: 4TRM Trunk Module

Slot 3
UNI Board
Module 1: 4SL2 Module
Module 2: Empty
Module 3: Empty

OP Offline
I think i see where you are going with this, I'm going to try and pick up a Samsung DS-5021D handset today

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You will still need a password to get into the system or you can default it from the reset button on the MP10a card.

OP Offline
I have held the reset switch on the front of the MP10a for 20 seconds and the lights changed but I haven't been able to confirm if it was reset as I haven't been able to connect to the system.

pvj Offline
That's how you reset it (as long as the system was running) , it should be in default mode now.

The default IP address of a new(ish) MP10a card is the same as a new OS7030

If that helps.

OP Offline
Ok, so I have made some progress, now that i have a Samsung DS-5021D handset. Thou plugging the handset into the MP10a (P1, P2, P3, P4) handset just displays the following "VER V2.2 2003 4.30" and the only button that works is the "#" which sends the handset into a self test mode (is this normal?)

but when i plug the into the UNI board (MD1-P1) the handset displays the same before displaying the time and allowing me to access MMC 800 but now im requiring the technician passcode which i don't know.

OP Offline
My last post was probably a little premature i managed to find the default technician passcode (was #### for anyone playing at home) and was able to change the IP address.

The new problem i have is logging into the system on a PC. The software i have been trying to use is Installation Tool 1.53c and Samsung OfficeServ Device Manager 5.01. I don't know which one i should be using nor if these are the latest verisons but I have setup the link control in both of them and the software can now find the device but its asking me for a username / password. I assumed the default username and password would be admin/#### but this did not work.

Last edited by nameless; 10/16/18 05:01 AM. Reason: No passwords in the forums pleaee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024