web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello Everybody,

This is my first post to the group, hopefully somebody could help with my problem. Here goes...

I have a voicemailbox extension configured that has been created on a Stratagy IES32 voicemail card in a Strata CTX 670. My goal is to have a message light blink via a button assignment on two separate extensions when there is a message waiting in this mailbox.

It seemed straight forward enough but I am having trouble accomplishing this (thus my posting here). What I have tried is setting up a secondary PhDN that does not ring and assigning it the messagebox in question. I then assign a button with a Message Wating PhDN for the new secondary PhDN. I then move to the second extension that I want to monitor this message box and create the same message waiting PhDN assignment.

The result I see is that the first extension will see new messages and blinks accordingly but I can never get the second extensions button to see the new messages. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

: [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]an::

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can't assign 2 message lights for the same PhDN, you can only have 1 light for an extension prime or phantom

The CTX will only light a message waiting for the owner of the phantom--ext 212 is the owner of phantom 512. You can put a MSG Wait light on 212 for 512.
Now you have togo to your other extension--220 assighn phantom 520 and ownership then a phantom message wait for 520..
Now the CTX part is done.
Go into vmail for mailbox 512 in the notification feild. You will notice 2 of them on, this is the light on --and the light off-- for mailbox 512.
You need to add 2 more feilds -1 for light on and 1 for light off. Do not touch the ones that are already on.
You need to add a new template and then change the "U" in the string to a "V" this will point at the variable feild. In the variable feild add the 520 extension.

Thats it!

OP Offline
It worked! Thanks Mr. Telephone man... I found in this whole process that order of events seemed to be important. Instead of deleting the phantoms I had I just tried adding the extra notifies in the VM card, that did not work. It did however work when I removed all previous phantoms and started from scratch again. Thanks for the help. You saved me a $120 service call...where can I send the check? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I found this thread and I know its old but I am trying to do the same thing on a CTX 670 with a IVP8 rel.1 .
I created the phantoms and phantom message wait lights on the extensions.
I want the lights to lite when a message is left for vm box 294.
Pretty sure I have the CTX side set up right.
When I go to Strategy vm manager I see the above mentioned..(You need to add 2 more feilds -1 for light on and 1 for light off. Do not touch the ones that are already on.)
When I setup another light on and off I do not see anywhere in the string where your replace a "U" with a "V" (you need to add a new template and then change the "U" in the string to a "V" this will point at the variable feild)
For CTX 670 LGHT ON- The string reads: W(5,T)#63%-
Same for Light off
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Shaun

Last edited by SPERS; 11/15/18 10:21 PM.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Replace the % with the phantom DN.
W(5,T)#63XXX where XXX is phantom DN. Same for light off.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Or you could use W(5,T)#63%V and put the phantom DN number into the "variable" field

Regards
Carl
Thanks Guys thats what I was looking for.
Shaun

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024