web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I went from 10 phones at the remote location that were part of the paging group down to 3 and again during paging no traffic on port TCP/2944. The UDP traffic did drop down from the previous from around 600kbps to 200kbps(Shown below) I also set all phones to manual IPU mode set. So far no drops today. I'll let you know if there are any further issues. Thank you everyone for all your help cheerleader

[img]https://ibb.co/CmRBQbP[/img]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The "broadcast" setting for the IPU should only be used for handsets connected to the LAN and remote handsets connected via a WAN or VPN should be set to "manual"
The TCP2944 is not used for any updating of handsets as this is done using FTP on TCP ports 20 and 21.
Hopefully reducing the amount of handsets in the page group will stop the peak usage of the bandwidth which was probably causing the handsets to disconnect and reconnect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Carl
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally Posted by mcflyster
So I ran a test of 3 pages this morning and didn't see any significant TCP traffic even on port 2944. I did manage to capture significant UDP traffic (PORT 16XXX PORTS) during the paging. But it was less than 600 KBPS. I will be going over to the remote site make the changes from auto to manual on the IPT mode.

[img]https://ibb.co/pn00bMj[/img]

The UDP 16xxx ports will be the audio ports that you are seeing using the bandwidth during the page.

If you do a Wireshark capture you will see the IP addresses that are using the TCP2944 and then sort it by size to narrow down what device is using more than the rest.

Regards
Carl
Administrator
Administrator
Mcflyster
You better send these guys a gift card or $$$ they have gone WAY BEYOND what the support this board normally supplies. Your are a smart cookie I can tell by your reply so you know what I'm talking about. Good support isnt cheap and cheap support isnt good.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024