web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am NOT an end user, I am a knowledgeable installer in various parts of the phone business for over 50 years. I have installed the 1232 and 816 for about 25 years. This is MY install, therefore taking nothing from anyone other than needing a little guidance because what I believe is the procedure to activate these two features does not seem to work. I have only used it a few times in my career.

I have a dual kxtd1232-7 with a TVA-200. The customer has asked me for recording at a station while on a call. Two Way recording or Two Way record TRANS should do both.
Here is what I have done:
Program 99
Selected a DSS button
Entered 90
Screen says 2 Way-REC :
Entered 141 (the extension number/Mailbox number
Press Store.

I make a call and press the button and I get a series of beeps

So I made another button but for 2 Way REC TRANS
Using the same as above but putting in 91 instead of 90.
use same Extension/mailbox number.

I make the call again, hit the button and the light comes on. I figure at this point, it is recording.
No it's not, when I check the mailbox I have no new messages. Now I am pretty sure these recordings are placed in the old messages location. Someone can tell me different if that's the case.

I am pretty sure I have only activated this function on a TVS series before, but may have one TVA50 this is on.

Nonetheless, I am missing something here and I could use a little nudge in the noggin.

Disclaimer: I do have a wry sense of humor, but I believe I have asked a question that should be acceptable to the forum GODS. Please don't drag my lifeless body through the streets of the square if I have over stepped the bounds.

HAHA Gotcha! ok now really, how about a little help. Thanks guys!!

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Heh Guys, I remembered the issue. Instead of the EXTENSION number/MAILBOX number of the PHONE, you put in the EXTENSION NUMBER of the Voicemail System!! In most cases that's 165.

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad
OP Offline
What I did find is that for some reason, the manuals seem to say to put in the extension of the station, but I could not get that to work. Using the VM access number works great.

Then since the recording went to old messages, I thought I remembered something different, so I went into the TVA 200 and went to the command line. Clicking on help sure enough gave me the command to make the recording go to the New Message, with the perk being an emailed .wav file of the recording. Works awesome for tech support people all on the same email address. I hope this helps someone else out there or provides a feature of an older system and the TVA helps bring it to some new level at little or no cost. Brad

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024