web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#627021 01/29/19 05:33 PM
OP Offline
Hi Guys,

I just received some 415B Tie Line cards as I was hoping to play around with them between my two KSU's but I could not get them to work. I also tried them in the same KSU with two lines coupled together and still no luck. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or does this require some some special wiring or would this not work with out the TIE line service from the phone co.

Thanks Brian

[Linked Image]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Do you have the paperwork?

400-series tie-line circuit KTU's

More information can be found at: https://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
As I recall, they require A-Battery on pins 3&18 like 401 cards.

I'll have to check....

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
They do require a battery on 3&18 just like a manual intercom card.

Should be able to tie line side T&R from one to line side T&R on another and bingo-bango it should work. Go off hook on one and the other should ring. Not much to it, as I recall.

I always liked the ITT cards because they let you put a tie-line call on hold where the westerns didn't let you do that. Since it's a manually set up call anyway, even if you hung up, the other party would still be there so they wouldn't know if you put them on hold or just hung up, but I always liked the idea of a flashing lamp to remind you someone is on the other end of that thing. Also, the ITT cards are compatible with western's. I've wired them together and they play just fine together. Interesting that even with the combination, the user with the ITT card can use the hold key but the user with the western card can't.

I go off on little rants about this because I went back and forth with Arthur about this topic a while back. I said it was dumb that western didn't make provisions for using hold on a tie line circuit and since we all know what a western snob- ahem- aficionado- Arthur is, a colorful and lively discussion ensued.

OP Offline
Thank you so much guys and thanks for the links Dean...

Forgive me if I sound stupid... When you guys say "pins 3&18" are you referring to the punch down block or the rats nest of wires that comes out of the back of the card slot?

And also how would you make this modification.?

It sounds like ITT and San Bar could have made WECO run for their money if they where allowed to compete with each other.

I have heard that ITT and San Bar made really good cards.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If you're using a 551A or B "shoebox" KSU, then only slot 4 has AG and AB on pins 3 and 18 of the card edge. The other slots have this wiring rolled up in a sleeve between the hinge and the 66 block. If you choose to cut this open, be assured that you'll regret it. I'd just cut any wire-wrapped leads from pins 3 & 18 and strap those pins together with slot 4. Other KSUs, like ITT's have these pins brought out to the 66 block labeled simply 3 and 18 on the block's fanning strip for each slot.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks for the help guys!

Can you tell me the lay out of the pins as the numbers are so small I cant make them out.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 152 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024