Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#627600 02/22/19 04:18 PM
Retired Admin
OP Offline
Retired Admin

If you were a Politician what would you do to reduce/eliminated robocalls?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/22/19 04:18 PM
Last edited by Professor Shadow; 02/22/19 04:18 PM.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
I'm not sure how to answer this. If I were a politician (with my current outlook), is a different answer than if I were a politician (professionally)

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Online Content
They're already doing #7. Supposedly Congress has given them to the end of this year to resolve it. Right like that will happen, too many high $$$ types want an everyone but me plan, including the politicians. Sorry, I know that's not what you were wanting, going back to vote.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
With so many of the telemarketers being located overseas (primarily in India) any action would require the cooperation of that country's government/law enforcement.

I Love FEATURE 00
suppose that all calls required a cpn to be sent. telemarketing businesses could be taxed based on outgoing calls after a reasonable monthly quantity. if it was a nickle a call, wouldn't that make a difference?

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Robocalls, regardless of where they originate are done solely for the purpose of soliciting for a specific company. The callers from India or wherever are being paid to do so from a company HERE in North America. So, obviously the way to put a stop to them, or limit them is to fine the company here.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
What Dave said.

You want to end illegal immigration - fine the people who're HIRING the illegals.

You want to end Robocalls - fine the people who are hiring the call centers.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There have been numerous reports (and I can vouch for this as I frequently receive such calls) of scammers...claiming to represent the US Government (IRS/S.S./Medicare) as well as Microsoft...cold calling people .

Who do you fine for these actions? Which US-based company is behind these callers?

The US government isn't paying some backroom operation to make these calls. Neither is Microsoft (which has been going after these scammers in India).

I Love FEATURE 00
Online Content
Well here's another one of those opinions. This has to be fixed at the source, meaning the Telco's and their data bases. Don't let an unassigned number go out on the network. If a call hits the network and the number is from something other than the switch (hard or soft) the number is assigned out of, don't let the call go through. Just those two things would stop the vast majority of the spoofed calls. The telemarketing from U.S. companies can be stopped by fines, but the fines have to be substantial and immediately enforced, in doing some searching there's fines out there that aren't collected because of appeals processes and just plain we ain't paying. Lastly get rid of the "everyone but me" clauses that are currently in the DNC rules, unless you like all those exempt political calls, but politicians aren't the only ones exempt so are large companies you may have dealt with once ten years ago. We're kind'a messing us Dean's survey, but it's a pretty good discussion.

Retired phone dude
Retired Admin
OP Offline
Retired Admin

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,827
Posts636,761
Members49,644
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Al Dukes, entire
Newest Members
PhoneGuy827, julesm, Helen.D, AlAl, mike hurford
49,643 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 12
pvj 11
Toner 9
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, justbill, iatech3800), 31 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023