web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Anyone know if there is a way to program the DKT2010 or 3010 Message button led to work as a Telco message button ?? I tried to program a ONE Touch it is rather long , 918772355777*1* ****905697XXXX then Password XXXX it would only except the 918772355777*1 even though i added more pauses , it is better then nothing,, I didn't get time to try any speed dial buttons ,, but i thought i saw a program for message centre in the manual any ideas?? Thks popcorn

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
501 System Speed Dial - The speed dial bins can contain up to 32 digits. If the number being entered exceeds the 32 digits, the next speed dial location will automatically be appended to create longer numbers. One other speed dial location can be nested within the number for dialing a common routine with the number. [Page 4-21]

516 Station Speed Dial for Speed Dial Number Nesting procedures [Page 5-35]

I found the information in this manual.

Am I stating the obvious or does this help?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
Thks Dean ,,,Yes i did see that programming ,, i haven't played with yet ,, i was also trying to have the Message led to turn on when there is stutter tone from the Telco,, i could do it with Nortel or Panasonic ,, maybe not doable with Toshiba?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You would need 2 one touch keys configured 918772355777*1* and one with the 905697XXXX

If you are using a Teleco VM why have you not configured the VM System data with the correct settings for DTMF or SMDI integration?
This way the MW light will light correctly for new messages and go out once they have been listened to.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
HI! Carl i'm not sure how too,, is it prog. 206-09 ??,i haven't hook up the ctx win admin or emanager yet.

From what I can tell he is not using a Teleco VM he is using the Telco's (carrier's) VM as that speed dial number is for Bell Canada's voicemail system.

The Telco's VM will not be able to light a MW light on any Toshiba phone nor is there a way that I am aware to make the MW button call the Telco's VM.

OP Offline
Nortelvoip ,,i sort of thought that would be the case ,, just thought i would inquire , not totally fluent with the Toshiba flexibility.. Thks

Toshiba don't support the MWL with stutter tone like Nortel and Panasonic. Here for that we were sticking a MWL box Viking LM-1A near the receptionist phone. Plug that box parallel with the Toshiba PBX on the first line. This worked like a charm for a low cost. Also don't forgat that working with one touch *1 would represent a pause. If you need to dial * you need to input **. You could also ask the carrier if there is a shorter way to get to the message box like *98 of *99 instead of the long 1877 number

Here a link to the Viking box

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/lm-1a/

MarcO Qc
Resotel
Technical Director
Quebec, Qc
[email protected]
OP Offline
MarcO ,, o kay so for * u need **,, Bell use to use *98 for Message Center but changed it several years ago ,,,to that 1877xxxxxxx,, i actually have that Viking MWL sitting on a shelf hear,,it would of been better for Toshiba to have allowed that flexibility for neater setup. I still don't get why the Softkeys don't function except for when there is a live call , software is 1.03 and i am using Dkt 3020 with it set for that version,, but also using mostly DKT2010's ,, not sure if that is okay.??

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally Posted by nortelvoip
From what I can tell he is not using a Teleco VM he is using the Telco's (carrier's) VM as that speed dial number is for Bell Canada's voicemail system.

nortelvoip, You are correct I misread the question when using my phone maybe I need glasses bugeyed

Originally Posted by nortelvoip
The Telco's VM will not be able to light a MW light on any Toshiba phone nor is there a way that I am aware to make the MW button call the Telco's VM.

Correct again usually there is some sort of broken dial tone on the line to indicate a message left in the Telco's VM mailbox.

Regards
Carl
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
nortelvoip, You are correct I misread the question when using my phone maybe I need glasses bugeyed
Being from Down Under you need to hold your cell phone upside down to read messages correctly.

Dean
Photographs:

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
Being from Down Under you need to hold your cell phone upside down to read messages correctly.

One day I will master the English language especially as I am from "Dear Old Blighty"

Regards
Carl
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Apparently you are well over your head. These questions any installer would know and well beyond the scope of this forum.

3. The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered.

Rules

Dean
Photographs:

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Apparently you are well over your head. These questions any installer would know and well beyond the scope of this forum.

3. The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered.

Rules

Wow Really ,, assuming a lot aren't u ,,i guess u know all the telephone systems out there?? ,and install them regularly ,,i not looking for free sevices,, and have used the Private messaging,, Thks for your support ,, bye the way.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by ATechguy
,i not looking for free sevices,, and have used the Private messaging,, Thks for your support ,, bye the way.

All you have done is look for free service and the reason I quit replying. So many have given you way beyond free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024