web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
norvald Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

Recently I logged into a BCM50 and following instruction found here I got to the Manager. Logged into voice pilot and made changes needed. Element manager simply does not have a button to launch. Just a message saying to use the launcher...any thoughts? I almost feel like the nnadmin user name has been downgraded. Can that happen? Any help always appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

element manager is a standalone program. Call Pilot would launch from the web browser

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
norvald Offline OP
OP Offline
I understood that Element manager would be available for installation from the Management apps... As In I go to Element manager tab and download and install from there within the system.

Last edited by norvald; 03/08/19 05:09 PM.
element manager is also very picky about what version of Java is running on your computer.

norvald Offline OP
OP Offline
Opps sorry running windows 7 with IE11

Did element manager install at all? I have seen where it won't even complete the install, so opening it isn't possible much less connecting to a system

XP machines don't usually have that issue, so if you have one sitting around maybe use that. I personally don't know much about the issue other than we have a specific laptop we use for BCM access that one of our in house engineers setup. I have read in other places that you MIGHT be able to downgrade your Java and get it to work that way, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Good Luck

Maybe it is installed already.

Check to see if the .bcm (dot bcm) folder: "C:\Users\TelcoPC\.bcm" where TelcoPC is your username.

If EM is not installed then install it from here: http://bcm.sipsw.com/ApplicationLauncher/ then do the shortcut trick below if needed.
The java trick (or older java) is also need for this site to load.

In some case if you installed EM then you might need to create a shortcut using this whole Target:
C:\Users\TelcoPC\.bcm\proxy_batch_exec.bat "C:\Users\TelcoPC\.bcm\BEM\bin" run.bat

Then if you want to change the icon use this target: C:\Users\TelcoPC\.bcm\BEM\bin\BEM.ico

As for Java anything above 1.8X and above java you may need to go to the security file to remove MD5and MD5 with RSA references.
Do so you must go into notepad as an administrator then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\lib\security (do not use explorer) and open java.security
When you remove them (about 3 references) click save.
Or install an older version of java.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 115 guests, and 232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024