Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#628119 03/13/19 02:07 PM
OP Offline
Hello, set up is super small with the capabilities of this system. But anyway I'm going out on a limb and see if anybody wants to help. I know Toshiba systems and that's it. So this setup is, cable modem -> pfsense -> managed poe switches -> NEC -> NEC IP phones -> SIP trunks also. Plenty of bandwidth, no latency, about 9 extensions maybe two concurrent calls at the most. They had a hack mo of an installer I don't think was certified. It's all running ok but as described by the ppl that use it they on either inbound or outbound calls only the users of the system hear a choppiness or jitter of sorts, the outside caller hears nothing wrong at all. Internal call no issues. I've spent hours looking through packet captures, checking lines, checking internet packets and testing the connection. To pretty much no avail, I once in a while do see packet loss on Wireshark in VOIP calls but pretty much once in a month. They were telling me today once it starts happening the put the caller on hold and then get back to the call and that seems to fix it for that call. No other data runs over this setup besides VOIP data network on a totally different network physically. Other companies in the same area use the same ISP with bigger setups no problem just not a NEC phone system. If any of you would like to help that would be appreciated. I can give any setup info needed I have admin access. TY

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Who is the SIPT carrier?
Most require MB 84-10 TOS settings for RTP/RTCP and SIP Trunk. Depends on the carrier.
Usually RTP set as DiffServ 40 and SIP Trunk DiffServ set to 46. A system reset is required after making these changes.

Are you using true SIP trunks or do you have an Adtran or some other device emulating CO lines or a PRI

What Ethernet switches are you using? Are you using remote phones? Are you using a VPN? Are the phones on a completely different network or some sort of VLAN? Is the NEC setup properly for QOS or DIFFSERVE? Has the primary ehthernet port (not the voip port). Been zeroed out?

OP Offline
helpifican ---- voip.ms carrier 84-10 those are set to the typical settings RTP/RCTP | Diffserve | 40 SIP Trunk | Diffserve | 46

mreilly -------- Yes true SIP only cards in this phone system according to the blade config are GCD-CP10+GPZ-IPLE, GCD-DLCA, GCD-COT the analog card isn't used they put that in there for just in case the SIP setup wasn't enough.

Coral Tech ------- Datto Networking E24v3,
No remote phones,
no vpn,
phones, and system are on a completely different network, no VLAN
Is the NEC setup properly for QOS or DIFFSERVE? hmmm, you meaning the 84-10 TOS settings also? or just the PFSense?
Has the primary ehthernet port (not the voip port). Been zeroed out? I'm not sure what you mean

BTW they have Dt700 phones
Thank you, everyone, for the interest.

10-12-01 0.0.0.0
10-12-02 255.0.0.0

If your PFSense or Datto isn't a layer 2 switch DIFFSERVE won't work and you will have to use QOS is the switch allows for it. Also, I am assuming you are G7.11 as codec. Make sure this is fixed. You will also need to check if you or they are using large packets. Seriously though if all else fails turn all this crap off because it may be causing more issues than helping it something isn't compatible. 2 calls 9 phones? Shouldn't need anything and in fact probably ZERO reason to have the networks separated.

OP Offline
agreed on the last sentence, this is the way it was when I got to it.

OP Offline
Only thing on those PFSense does have QOS on. Yes on assumption but weirdly enough incoming SIP calls are set to 729 outgoing is all that's set to 711, but its on both direction of calls and trust me bandwidth is not an issue. Jumbo packets on the switch are currently turned off. I really think compatibility is the issue or some very simple setting or thing in NEC or with NEC is the issue. Also a week before we were using netgear unmanaged switches same issues.

Unless you have a bad VOIP card on the NEC I seriously doubt the NEC is the issue unless something is really programmed wrong. All the codecs need to be in line. SIP ALG needs to be off. I am assuming you are not using a session border control unit. SIP ALG needs to be off on the router/firewall. Codecs must match that's one issue to be sure. Carriers like to compress but sound quality sucks on anything less than 7.11. With so little traffic something basic is going on. I have hundreds of NEC units in the field and I have never seen it an issue with NEC like ever. Seriously consider replacing the PFSense with a different router. ANY router like an ASUS WRT or whatever and see if it goes away. Ya I would simplify the networking and work from there because with that little network, unless you have some real bad latency issues...shouldn't be an issue. Are you running the computers through the phones?

OP Offline
No data on the phone side what so ever purely separated networks. Thats what I mean by NEC wrong, programming wrong in some way.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,295 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 110 guests, and 197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024