web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#628945 04/08/19 07:30 PM
OP Offline
I don't see the NEC SV9100 software on the NTACS website someone mentioned they are moving stuff around anyone have any ideas

Thanks

JD

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It's all in the license server now. 9.00.50 is latest now.

OP Offline
NEC Anytime? is there any documentation on how to navigate to this ?

Yes, but goto licence portal click on customer and then click on their software assurance. This takes you to where you want to go. Personally I think this stinks and they should have warned us before just moving this stuff.

I don't think they just moved it, I'm on vacation right now and just heard, but it seems they locked the firmware down to the hardware keys of the system. This means that unless they have software assurance, no more firmware updates. Personally I think this is fraud, selling a product to someone that doesn't work the way its supposed to and making the customer pay to get the update to fix THEIR problem (aka bug fixes via firmware updates). I will verify this next week when I return to work, but wow this sounds like a nice case for a class action if you ask me.

I only download once. I haven't seen it locked to a particular customer...yet. Trust me, it happened when I was on site to do an upgrade and I was a tad upset to say the least. Luckily I was able to talk to someone at Optus that pointed me to where it was now. Good luck with that lawsuit. The EULA makes that a non-starter. What I can't wrap my head around is WHY the SL series get free tech support and assurance and we don't. It boggles the sane mind. I am now going to every customer that lapsed on SA as we speak and getting them on it because the writing is on the wall.

I hope its not locked down, I have not seen it with my own eyes yet, but got a call a little bit ago saying that the firmware downloaded from one customers software assurance on the license portal did not work on another customers machine. I hope it was just an error on their part, but they tried it with two different firmware's and the only one that worked was the one downloaded from that customers sa link. Yeah I understand about good luck with the lawsuit, the little guys never stand a chance, but it is wrong. I mean If I sell a a piece of software to someone that is supposed to flip a light on whenever the user pushes a button 24/7 and it doesn't work at a certain hour of the day, how can I make the customer pay me more money to fix my mistake? Wait till they lock pcpro down to only work with sa customers, lol. Sigh, yeah, the writing is on the wall.

Upgrades will work the same as before, if the customer software assurance is up to date their system will upgrade with enhancements and bug fixes, if their software assurance lapse they will receive only bug fixes.

We get old too soon, smart too late

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024