Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#628994 04/10/19 10:45 AM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Another question on this BCM 450 R6. Service is a PRI from the telco. The customer has received reports that occasionally there are calls to 911 that show as coming from one of the DID numbers on this system. Maybe once every couple of weeks. I’ve looked at the target lines for the DID to see which DN is assigned. There is no one at that DN at the time the call was made.

Also, for the last year or so, one phone on the BCM receives calls from an analog extension on the same system. The receiving phone shows that ext xxx called. Maybe related, or not?

Ever heard of a BCM doing a random call? Especially to 911?

Thanks.
Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Jim,
Are you 100 percent sure the DID in question belongs to your customer?

We get old too soon, smart too late
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I saw the email from the 911 center with the call detail pasted into the email. The number is definitely in my customer's block of numbers.

It's not a matter of whom has the DID assigned to their set but rather whom has their OLI programmed with that DID #.
So check every OLI setting for every set.

Analog station issue, possibly related...check it's OLI too as well if there is something connected to that ports and if it has a hotline programmed on it.

The old trick for analog cordless working with a deskset was to revers the DN's since Answer DN does not work on an ATA.
You would have the cordless as the main DN and put an answer key for the cordless on the desk set , then program OLI on both the ATA and Digital DN's

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Yoda:

Your post reminds me of one service call I had.years ago.
It is not exactly the same identical issue - but I think it is close enough to mention this.

I had an analog phone on a system, and weird things were happening when a call came in..

It took a bit of troubleshooting but what I found was the wall jack for the analog phone was bad.
It was in a dirty environment and the jack was dirty.
It was intermittently shorting with all that dirt and when that happened it showed busy and because of programming it would
forward calls coming in to some phone.that should not be getting incoming calls.

I replaced the jack and it fixed the problem.

Shorting the jack acts like it is off hook and with properly timed shorts maybe it is dialing 911 or the other extension.
I have never played/tested a jack by shorting the pins to see if it would dial.
But in the old days I could dial a phone if the dialer was bad or disabled by quick flash hooks.

Just a thought..

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
It might also be possible that someone else in the world is masking their outbound caller id as one in the block that you have. You might want to do an SMDR capture just to be sure that the 911 call is actually happening from your system.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 126 guests, and 369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024