web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#629552 05/02/19 03:12 PM
OP Offline
I have a TDE100 and a TVA50.

I have a standard CO greeting that progresses to CS 1 days, CS2 nights. CS3 lunch

Something must have happened a couple weeks ago as I can't get CS1 to answer days anymore. I looked at the realtime port trace and in day mode it shows calls being directed to CS1 but it plays the CS2 recording instead. I used the manual time change to go between day and night but but it only plays CS2 recording. I checked the CS1 recording an it is intact but doesn't play.

On the TDE I have them all in trunk group 1 & VM grp1 and on the TVA PORT/SVC 1-6 are all the same. Day service call handling show CS1 Night service CS2.

I do not believe the customer has the expertise to even access the Manager software.

Any idea what happened?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

C5Z Offline
Could the TVA be in Service Mode- Manual Night and not PBX Control?
Try deleting the CS1 and create a new one.

C5Z

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper
OP Offline
It is in manual mode under pbx control. The "info" display shows DAY service. It doesn't matter if it is in day or night service, the night CS is the on it selects even though the port trace shows CS1????

C5Z Offline
Are you using any Company Name Greetings before the Custom Greeting is played? You can check those remotely from mailbox 998.

C5Z

OP Offline
I have a TDE100 and a TVA50.

I have a standard CO greeting that progresses to CS 1 days, CS2 nights. CS3 lunch

C5Z Offline
PM sent

OP Offline
OK.... DUMB RALPH!

I watched the trace as I went through each of the modes and they ALL "sounded" the same and showed it showed going to the correct CS's.

At that point I saw the baseball coming right at me.......... AND THEN IT HIT ME!
and I figured out what had occurred.

They were having some work done on their parking lot last month and had asked how to rerecord the Company greeting. I told them where it was in the instruction pack I had originally left or they could have me come out to do it for them. They declined and said the instructions were enough. Unfortunately they misread them. bugeyed

They recorded the CO greeting PLUS the CS2 recording onto the front end Company greeting. YES I had listened to the CO greeting before, but didn't wait until it completely finished. Therefore I thought it was the CO AND THEN CS1 or CS2. instead of them both being on the Company greeting before the Custom service began.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If I had a nickel for every time that's happened. Sadly, we tend to give the customer credit for knowing how to operate their system, yet this often comes back to bite us in the ass. Glad that you got it figured out. Welcome to the club.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
C5Z Offline
You're welcome.
C5Z

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 158 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024