web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#630799 06/28/19 07:48 PM
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
these guys have a partner 308 acs processor. i want to program a night service button on ext 11. the manual doesnt seem to allow anything but ext 10. is there a way around this. also i didnt find anyway for the auto attendant to give caller an option to hear list of extension numbers for departments. there must be a way. any ideas. thanks. dave

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Night service button can ONLY be programmed onto Ext. 10

A submenu for a directory listing depends on the version of voicemail. Partner Mail VS? Partner Messaging? Partner Voice Messaging? And which revision?

Last edited by Touch Tone Tommy; 06/28/19 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
they have partner mail vs but i am not sure of the version

Partner Mail VS does not have submenus. Release 5 has Announcements, but it is completely stupid, you have to dial *8 and then the extension number to transfer from an announcement, where as of course from the automated attendant you don't dial *8 before the extension number. Callers won't listen to the instructions and won't get their calls transferred.

Log into mailbox 99, and listen to the greeting - it will give you the release. If it doesn't, press 7 instead of 9

Easiest way (and the way I always do it anyway) is to list the employees and their extensions in the main menu.

Thank you for calling the Acme Company. If you know the extension of the person you would like to reach you may dial it at any time. For Jennifer dial 10, Seth 11, Lynn 12, Angel 13, Rosann 14, Lina 15, Robin 17, Vincent 18, Samantha 29, Anthony 30, Jackie 32. Dial zero or stay on the line to leave a message for our receptionist. To hear this announcement again dial star four.

The dial zero/timeout action is transfer to extension 10 (the receptionist) or whoever you want to designate to get the callers who don't know who they want.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
guess thats what happens when you have a dinosaur for a phone system. i did advise them to include the ext list on the main menu but they said customers would get bored. actually it is mostly for sunday calls. not for all calls coming in. thanks for all the feedback. dave

Well, if they want a dial by name directory tell them you can upgrade them to a Partner Messaging. That was the last and best of the Partner messaging systems and I found that they are actually cheaper than what it would cost to replace the Mail VS 5. Probably because the Mail VS is becoming rare.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024