web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
We have a customer using almost all soft phone apps on their NS-700. The customer's IT guy has replaced two of the PCs and has asked me to move two extensions to these new devices. I forced the de-registration of the two extension numbers and they now show up as available in the left pane of the registration screen. I pull one over and run the registration procedure, but it just hangs there flashing "Executing" in red. It does the same thin for both extensions. Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Have you put the IP address of the system on the soft phone and open it while registration is running

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
The on-site work is being performed by the customer's IT guy who swears that he has everything right. Keep in mind that both of these soft phone apps were working fine before he changed out the PC's NIC. I'm fairly confident that the issue is with his settings, but he has confirmed that he can ping the new PCs. Of course he can, but if the system's IP is missing, then it won't work. I've tried to explain this to him and he is quick to cut me off, citing that he has done this several times before without incident. We have one of our in-house IT guys going there today to double check him. I've registered dozens of IP devices on these systems before without any issues, but I was just hoping for something that is iron-clad to disprove him.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024