Phone Systems


Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How soon before... [Re: oobie] #631667 08/08/19 02:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,178
Professor Shadow Online Thinking OP
Admin
*****
OP Online Thinking
Admin
*****
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by oobie
...I wouldn't warranty any of the cabling since we didn't do it end to end.

That usually seals the deal.


Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
NEC search for systems, cards, phones, software, manuals and repairs!
Re: How soon before... [Re: Professor Shadow] #631669 08/08/19 04:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 239
Daniel Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 239
I don't know what happened to it, but I ran a comparison for an average single data drop in 5e, 6 and 6a for a customer, with parts and labor. Showed them the spec on cat6 and explained its distance limitation on 10g side. Since most of their runs were in the 200 ft range they decided on doing it in 5e.


The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Re: How soon before... [Re: Professor Shadow] #631702 08/09/19 03:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 458
Mercenary Roadie Online Confused
Member
Online Confused
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 458
I have found that the price difference between Cat-5e and Cat-6 is minimal now and I only install Cat-6 because of it (unless they require Cat-5e, but the price is still the same). Installing Cat-6a is a waste I think as it's more of a data center cable like Cat-8 than one for out in the field.


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Re: How soon before... [Re: Professor Shadow] #632635 09/10/19 11:15 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 372
kjwiewall Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 372
About 20 years ago I put an aerial fiber and a 50 pair between buildings, for temporary until they got the fiber equipment, I used the last 4 pairs of the cat3 for network connection. They used that for ten years until the owner sold the IT company. I think they were doing mostly computer repairs over there and email for technicians that were on the road.


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Most Recent 5 Post
AT&T/Harris-Dracon Installation Manual II722022-001
by Arthur P. Bloom - 12/15/19 03:37 PM
Information Booth to make $$$
by Professor Shadow - 12/15/19 02:29 PM
CP20
by Coral Tech - 12/13/19 11:47 PM
CTX 100 IVP8 Transfers
by tmeier - 12/13/19 04:46 PM
Who's Online Now
26 registered members (tim10, Coral Tech, nortelvoip, pvj, ChrisRR, BobRobert, JBean3329, Professor Shadow, Arthur P. Bloom, Ruben, Skunky, MooreTel, RonP, Carl Navarro, Southernphoneman, metelcom, Yoda, dexman, justbill, hitechcomm, usedphones, Mercenary Roadie, hbiss, pdxjim911, gelehu, 1864), 888 guests, and 620 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics(Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics93,099
Posts633,123
Members49,192
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
classybum, jteckenb
NEC DX-40 PKG $299
NEC DX-40 PKG $299
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 11
dans 7
POLYCOM SOUNDPOINT 10 Pack
FREE Voip Phone - Click Here!
50% OFF Most All Phones
FREE Voip Phone - Click Here!
RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
Bluewater Sailing
Become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
Free Phone Repair Diagnostic
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2019
Trusted Partners