Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#632195 08/25/19 12:46 PM
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Hi, I have my internet service with centurylink, and does anyone know if they provide or sell a modem with battery backup, for when the power goes out, my phones will still work?
I have full VoIP service, and lose them when there is no power. I got rid of my POTS line and wondering if anyone knew. Thankyou

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Are you speaking Fiber or DSL? Generally Fiber has battery backup and DSL doesn't. Any luck contacting them in your area?

Centurylink North Carolina

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Are you speaking Fiber or DSL? Generally Fiber has battery backup and DSL doesn't. Any luck contacting them in your area?

Centurylink North Carolina
Hi and thank you for your response, the service I have is DSL and talked to the internet technicians and they told me to call customer service so I will try that tomorrow, thank you again.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
If their answer is no, consider purchasing a decent battery backup unit. Tripp Lite is one such manufacturer.

I Love FEATURE 00
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered

Originally Posted by dexman
If their answer is no, consider purchasing a decent battery backup unit. Tripp Lite is one such manufacturer.
I thank you sir, I will check with them and then find if they have one available, then I might try your suggestion thank you again.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Southernphoneman
Originally Posted by dexman
I thank you sir, I will check with them and then find if they have one available, then I might try your suggestion thank you again.
Kind sir, is this something I might be able to consider?[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm4icEdhlfiGLz9CX9R5Spo_hJMWWn9_DhfQeb2jnbsIiabXVlO1-hhFNwZs7-VBaCgAj8zDfQgw&usqp=CAc[/img][Linked Image from cdn.cnetcontent.com] *Edit* sorry about the large photo, if not allowed moderator please remove and I will then put another one up thank you.

Last edited by Southernphoneman; 08/25/19 09:14 PM.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
That is more a surge protector not a UPS.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
It does offer battery backup. Depending upon the power consumption of the modem, it could hold it up for a while. Check the modem's power draw and figure out how long it can be supported by the UPS.

I Love FEATURE 00
If it is DSL, your phone line should still be coming from a local CO or terminal that has backup power. If you lose power at your residence, sure the modem may go down, but your POTS line should still function as you should still have -48VDC on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,442 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024