web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
we just switched a customer to a hosted with yealink t42,t46 and t48 and they are complaining the phones sound muffled, after testing by comparing with a few other phones side by side here at our shop I would have to agree with our customer they sound very muffled and over bass.

Customer wishes they could go back to previous phones but thats not an option.

Has anybody noticed this with yealink phones and come up with a solution ?

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Hello, Yes we have run into this same problem with these phones. FYI we have Yealink phones in stock for sale at a very low price. In the past we would roll in good working phones as we have never really tried to diagnose the problem so, I dont have an answer / fix for you other than trying different handsets and or units.

Hopefully one of the guys here on Sundance has a better answer for you! Call or email for quote if you would like, and if we have what you need we can sell to you.

TY Mike Schmidt

First I would make sure that they are on the latest firmware. Then I would try playing musical handsets and see if that fixes the issue. If all else fails the few times that I have tried contacting Yealink's tech support they seemed responsive.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Have you tried removing g722 as a allowed codex. I normally have to do this on the Panasonic phone system as we had customers complain about the sound on the NT 5xx phones on the NS and found the they didn’t like the high def audio and used to say it was muffled and poor quality

Made g711 first preference and they said it was much clearer. I think it was coming from TDM they just didn’t like the tone of high def

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
obt, I just tried every codec possible and its muffled on all of them,

I did try different handsets on the yealink phone and some sound better than others but none actually fully work

www.telcom1.net
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Who is the Hosted provider.
We use mostly Yealink phones and never had that problem. Never had any system problem. This should be up to the Hosted provider to trouble shot.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I guess you solved the problem

OP Offline
Hitech, yes we fixed the problem, they are returning the phones and going with a different provider, which is a huge pain for us but its a long time customer so we bend for them.

The yealink phones are nice in every way but now that i've had a chance to really compare them with other phones they are very muffled.

The hosted provider did firmware updates but it didn't resolve anything

I feel the problem is in the actual handset so i don't think any firmware will ever fix it.

www.telcom1.net
I'm having a slightly different problem. On T46U and T48U phones, if the speaker person uses the speakerphone instead of a handset, the listening party receives the sound very badly. Sometimes the sound disappears completely. It looks like an external microphone problem, but we have not yet understood whether it is software or hardware. The Yeastar RND team continues to investigate.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
This topic is over two years old. In order to keep discussions current, please open a new topic. The URL to this topic can be added for reference purposes. smile

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024