web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#635964 03/19/20 12:07 PM
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
With more customers working from home during this virus crisis, I need to dust off my grey matter and remember how I have addressed this issue in the past for the XTS family. Namely, how to make a direct ringing DID call forward off-net to a cell phone. Since off-net can't be done for initial ringing calls, I recall creating a new Dispatch/TalkPath "control" mailbox with a command file and using the notification field for the cell number. I then forward my user's mailbox to this new mailbox. Unless someone knows of an easier way, this is the route that I am pursuing. It is so much fun when the brain isn't as quick as it used to be.

Edit: So far, I am finding that rather than creating a "transfer" mailbox, I would forward the user's mailbox to a newly created Menu XXX with a 1 second time out to a new command file with all the required parameters. Then the call would transfer to the number entered in the user's notification "DialMailboxWhere" field. It's clunky but it is the method we came up with. Simpler methods are still welcome!

Last edited by MnDave; 03/19/20 12:43 PM.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Wait... You're just off-net forwarding a station for calls to their DID number? Why won't the regular process work? I just sent the following instructions to an XTS customer yesterday and he confirmed that it worked just fine:

This procedure is a bit cumbersome to set up initially, but once it is in place, it can be turned on/off at any time. All entries are made without lifting the telephone handset:

1. Press the speed button two times;
2. Dial 9019
3. Dial the area code and number to receive calls for that extension. It is not necessary to include a 9;
4. Press the speed button again to store the number permanently.
5. Press the speaker on/of button to exit the number storage procedure.

To Turn Forwarding ON:

1. Dial 640 + * + 9019 and hear confirmation tone (three beeps);
2. Off-net forwarding is now permanently activated to the number stored above.

To Turn Forwarding OFF:

1. Dial 640 and hear confirmation tone (three beeps);
2. Off-net forwarding is now turned off and may be re-activated at will using the steps above

IMPORTANT: It is strongly suggested that you set this up for your phone or another that you can easily test prior to deployment.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I had a did number set up as a DISA for a number of my customers, and I could change call forwarding for extensions remotely using the call forward follow me code and a speed dial bin number. I also on occasion accessed remote programming and changed the forwarding for a did number directly. Program it to ring to a bin instead of an extension.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/24/20 05:55 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys. Guess I like to make more work than I need to. Perhaps I am just remembering what I did way back on some software 1.x or so. Derrick, I do use the 2nd method of forwarding the DID to the spd dial when the forward is more or less a long term thing.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024