web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
my customer wants to forward incoming calls to his cell phone when they are out. he has an sts system. i thought he could forward from the extension but the user guide seems to indicate a incoming co call wont forward off net. if this is true i was checking the manual and it looks like a station preset can be set to go to a speed dial bin. am i on the right track here. maybe have it preset to go to the cell in night service. thanks, dave.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If at all possible, I'd use the CO call forward feature (*72) on the main number. It's so much better for several reasons:

1. The voice quality is far superior to that of two lines conferenced together.
2. A forwarded call requires two lines to complete the forward, one in and one out.
3. CO forwarding allows an unlimited number of calls to get through, while system forwarding is limited by the number of lines.
4. Most service providers provide call forwarding as a standard feature in their line bundles.

If the lines only ring at one phone, then yes, you can off-net forward that station to a speed bin that contains the cell phone number. If you're going to do this, and for added simplicity, I'd just make the lines ring to that bin when the system is in the night mode. Have them toggle the DND button at the attendant station to turn it on/off or set up an automatic day/night schedule.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
i agree. he has been going around and around with frontier trying to get a call forwarding code. he told me they tell him he has call forwarding and they give him differant codes like *72 and others but it doesnt work and they dont seem to know why. i told him try google maybe someone else has solved this problem. if not to call me back. no call yet but if he does i will use this method. if i remember right the older ksus didnt have night station call forward. not sure what he has. if not i should be able to use night preset if i have to. thanks for the help. dave

Admin
Admin
Two things: Have him try a phone at the demarc. It could be that the CF codes are being swallowed up by the phone system. Then have him try all lines. Only the pilot number has Call Forwarding.

In most systems, *72 call forwarding is absolute and overrides all the 90 codes.

Carl

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 170 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024