web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
nikauri Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, hoping someone can help me? Apologies if this is not in the correct forum - I didn't see a specific LG one?

I have an LG Aria LDK-130 in my house.

Due to a power cut and a faulty battery backup, it's lost it's marbles and I need to reprogram it. Previously we've called in the local biz telecoms company and they've done it however they charge an arm and a leg to do so and money is tight.

I've managed to find the software, and I have a working serial connection into the unit.

I have configured the flex buttons so internal paging is working and I can press a flex button to get an outside line.

Two things I cannot for the life of me figure out:

1) when an incoming call comes in, the relevant flex button (indicating an external/CO line) lights up but the system does not ring. No noise whatsoever.

2) Instead of pressing a flex button to get a line, you used to just press '1'. This defaults to CO line #4 which is inactive, I need it to use CO line #3 (house used to have several lines with prev owner, now we just have 1, I guess it's wired into CO #3).

I work as a video engineer, so the whole networking and terminal comms and tech side doesn't really faze me. However phone systems are something I know nothing about, and while I've managed to pick up a lot, it's still bloody hard going.

The software I have is pretty stone age to be honest, and the documentation is mostly there but spotty in parts.

I think I'm running PC Admin 2.3 - I have a newer version (3.8 ?) but when it connects it tells me to use IP LDK s/w and then quits. As far as I can tell, it's the same s/w?

In all my frustration, I may well be missing details. If anyone can help I'll gladly fill in more.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Not sure about how things are programmed in your part of the world. I didn't even know that LG made a phone system. Your local telecom vendor, (if they are doing things well) may have a backup of the database that could be restored, without having to do hours and hours of programming.

The phone systems that I typically deal with have a location in programming that tells the lines where they are supposed to ring, that is not setup on the telephones them selves, but elswhere in the system. And different systems call it different things, so I can't say to go and look at hunt groups, or ringing line locations, or DID tables, or .... or .... or ....

I hope that gives you something to look at, but I would also call your vendor and atleast see if they have a backup and what it would cost to do a restore on the system.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
First you have to assign (or unassign) how many CO lines you have on the system. This is why you are accessing an empty line.
I would guess this could be setup in CO line attributes. Assign all viable lines to Line Group (01) and all other to a different Line Group (02) Default is Line Group 01

Double check CO Line COS and make sure it is set to 1 (unrestricted).

With CO Line Ringing it is dependent upon the schedule for Day/Night/Weekend/On Demand so perhaps

Now, regarding the software. Lots of telephone systems use proprietary software that are version dependent. Have you tried programming through the phone instead?

I don't know if you gave the User Guide and if it will be of any value: User Guide and remember the difference between the various models (24/130c/130/300/600) and use the manual for your version of software. Programming Manual

Disclaimer: I have never heard of this system before but as you are aware, somethings can "translates" from one type of environment to another: Using an iOS- basedsystem won't keep you from being able to use a Windows-based system...now Unix...that's a different story.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
nikauri Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your help.

Calling the vendor for a backup is on my radar, but as I'm trying to do it without their help I'm trying to avoid that, it's a bit cheeky.

It's been an interesting learning journey, for sure.

Thanks.

nikauri Offline OP
OP Offline
@Professor Shadow, thanks for helping narrow it down. I was kinda leaning towards those areas - I guess I need to poke them with a stick some more.

I do already have the linked guides, it's awfully good of you to post them though.

I tried initially to program via the phone but it was clunky at best, hence why I went via the s/w route. That might also be worth another look.

Cheers.

nikauri Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey @Professor Shadow...

Your advice was bang on, I just needed to focus a little more on those exact areas.

Thanks ever so much.

Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
Yeah...I'm that Good! 🤣

Glad it worked out for you!

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024